We got an emo kid here!

sunburstbasser

• Members

I laugh at them because there is stuff considerably better than that dribble out there that they are afraid to listen to because they might not "get" it. If he said he listens to something I'd never heard of I wouldn't care, or if he was a metalhead.

Better? Says who? Who decides what's better for them? You do? False assumptions lead to stereotypes. No need to discriminate against others just because they don't agree with you. My 2.

• Members
I laugh at them because there is stuff considerably better than that dribble out there that they are afraid to listen to because they might not "get" it. If he said he listens to something I'd never heard of I wouldn't care, or if he was a metalhead.

Did you ever stop to think that maybe you just don't "get" Yellowcard? :)

• Members

My theory is that there are actually no emo kids or bands, just people who hate the mythological "emo kid" and argue about whether bands are or aren't emo.

We play the same game in Portland, but instead of emo everyone we dislike is a hipster.

• Members

We play the same game in Portland, but instead of emo everyone we dislike is a hipster.

LOL...now your talkin my language!!

"Vintage Clothing": Oxford Shirts untucked and sticking out from under their V neck Sweater.

Carefully messed hair, or foam trucker cap, and 4 days worth of beard growth

GAH!!!!! kill me now.

• Members
emo sucks

Well done :deadhorse:

People throw the word 'emo' around FAR to much these days.

When I auditioned with some mates for my school's celebration day concert (playing Iron Maiden: The Trooper) Some girls from the back of the room made some snide remark about it making them want to cut their wrists.

Funnily enough, They let my other mates and I go on playing Fall Out Boy covers :freak:

• Members
oh...and a Mail carrier or messenger bag.

Don't forget "Hey everyone! Check out how obscure my taste in music and film is!!!"

:D

...same thing though. Nobody really "identifies" as a hipster... unless they are those sad folks willing to act out a parody of some stereotype...

• Members
Don't forget "Hey everyone! Check out how obscure my taste in music and film is!!!"

:D

...same thing though. Nobody really "identifies" as a hipster... unless they are those sad folks willing to act out a parody of some stereotype...

yep. The only think that really irks me, and this is what tends to qualify someone as a hipster in my world, is the "I'm too cool for school" attitude.

Archived