bass->git amp->bass cab

Mr.Mow

• Members

A friend of mine who repairs amps, told me that the power supply in a guitar amp is smaller that that of a bass amp, and there is a good chance you'll burn it up. Don't really know if its true, but I could believe such a thing.

that is untrue.

everything works on transformers, capacitors and or tubes. The more wattage the amp is rated the bigger the transformer will be.

guitar amps are more equipped to recieve hIGH FREQUENCY better than low freq; also, guitar amp speakers are not designed to handle low frequency signals compaired to a Bass Guitar speaker. other than that there is very little difference between the 2.

• Members

A friend of mine who repairs amps, told me that the power supply in a guitar amp is smaller that that of a bass amp, and there is a good chance you'll burn it up. Don't really know if its true, but I could believe such a thing.

I can kind of see what he's saying.. you average guitar amp is lower wattage than a bass amp, so you'd be running a guitar amp harder to get a similar level which would in turn burn out the trannie quicker..

Considering I was going to run my bass into my Epi Valve Junir 5W head.. he he.. that little guy will have to be running flat out! :D

Archived