OT: Laptop AV Issues

Anesthesia

• Members

I just got a new laptop and mostly everything is great EXCEPT I cannot get AV to interface with it.

It is an 'Asus Entertainment Notebook, A7series'. On the left side of the case it has a section to input a TV antenna (works fine with windows media center) as well as an 'AV input'.

There is an adapter that plugs into this input. There are three RCA jacks and an S-video socket on the other side of this adapter.

Any tips on what I am meant to do to get AV to interface with this? Do i need a special program that has not been bundled with the computer?

Thanks for any help guys.

• Members

Are the jacks color coded ? If so, yellow is composite video, the red and white are your stereo audio jacks (white= left/mono, red=right).

The S-video is, well, video. (slightly better quality than the composite)

What are you trying to interface with ?

• Members

Are the jacks color coded ? If so, yellow is composite video, the red and white are your stereo audio jacks (white= left/mono, red=right).

The S-video is, well, video. (slightly better quality than the composite)

What are you trying to interface with ?

Yeah, they are colour coded, yellow, red and white.

I have tried to interface it with a DV camera, as well as with a VCRDVD player and a TV.

It is definitely AV IN

• Members

Yeah, they are colour coded, yellow, red and white.

I have tried to interface it with a DV camera, as well as with a VCRDVD player and a TV.

It is definitely AV IN

What software are you trying to display or record the input into? Has to be something to receive the signal.

Archived