OT: Get out of the car!!!!!!!!

Funkee1

• Members

I just got this in my e- mail box. For the second time this morning, I spit OJ on my laptop!!!:rotfl:

his is a true account recorded in the Police Log of Sarasota, Florida.

An elderly Florida lady did her shopping and upon returning to her car, found four males in the act of leaving with her vehicle. She dropped her shopping bags and drew her handgun, proceeding to scream at the top of her lungs,

"I HAVE A GUN, AND I KNOW HOW TO USE IT! GET OUT OF THE CAR!"

The four men didn't wait for a second threat. They got out and ran like mad. The lady, somewhat shaken, then proceeded to load her shopping bags into the back of the car and got into the driver's seat. She was so shaken that she could not get her key into the ignition. She tried

and tried,and then she realized why.... it was for the same reason she had wondered why there was a football, a Frisbee and two 12 packs of beer in the front seat.

A few minutes later, she found her own car parked four or five spaces farther down. She loaded her bags into the car and drove to the police station to report her mistake. The sergeant to whom she told the story couldn't stop laughing. He pointed to the other end of the counter, where four pale men were reporting a carjacking by a mad, elderly woman described as white, less than five feet tall, glasses, curly white hair, and carrying a large handgun. No charges were filed.

Moral of the story?

If you're going to have a Senior Moment, make it memorable.

• Members

The part where it says, "No charges were filed." removes all realism from the story.

She would have been charged, that's a big deal.

You forget, she was in FL, where not only are concealed carry permits a "will issue" item, but we are allowed to use deadly force if we feel threatened in public. So its possible, but yes, sadly, highly unlikely.

• Members

You forget, she was in FL, where not only are concealed carry permits a "will issue" item, but we are allowed to use deadly force if we feel threatened in public. So its possible, but yes, sadly, highly unlikely.

I didn't forget, the choice of state for this story is obviously deliberate. I'm sure there are other versions floating around that use Texas instead.

Brandishing a firearm when there is no threat is illegal.

Using a firearm to force people from a car is illegal.

She would have been charged and her right to carry would have been revoked.

• Members

There's a lot of talk lately about senior citizens being stripped of their driving privileges. That will never happen and here's why: Senior Citizens vote in greater numbers than any other group. Therefore, politicians will cater to their needs to garner their votes. Hence, seniors will never lose their licenses. Not until enough of us 'young whippersnappers' (see: anybody under 55) get up off our asses and make as much noise at the polls as the seniors do.

Also, if they were to take away the driving privileges of seniors, how would they get around? A lot of communities have poor (if any) public transportation, and a lot of seniors have families who are either too busy or unwilling to chauffer them around, so how does Granny get to the doctor? Or, how does she get to the supermarket? I agree that seniors are a danger to everyone on the roads, but what realistic solutions are there to the problem?

• Members

There's a lot of talk lately about senior citizens being stripped of their driving privileges. That will never happen and here's why: Senior Citizens vote in greater numbers than any other group. Therefore, politicians will cater to their needs to garner their votes. Hence, seniors will never lose their licenses. Not until enough of us 'young whippersnappers' (see: anybody under 55) get up off our asses and make as much noise at the polls as the seniors do.

Also, if they were to take away the driving privileges of seniors, how would they get around? A lot of communities have poor (if any) public transportation, and a lot of seniors have families who are either too busy or unwilling to chauffer them around, so how does Granny get to the doctor? Or, how does she get to the supermarket? I agree that seniors are a danger to everyone on the roads, but what realistic solutions are there to the problem?

Whack anybody over 80?

• Members

You guys are pretty funny. I post a funny story about an old lady with a gun, and it devolves into a debate about gun control laws, whether or not the story is true, and seniors rights.

Don't any of you know where the smiley button is?????

:D

Archived