NBD!

RIC N BACKER

• Members
Don't worry, I've gotten at least 20 PMs that start "this might sound retarded..." in the last few weeks. I have yet to hear one thing that sounds retarded.

:cool:

Guy told me once: There's no such thing as stupid questions, but they're a lot easier to answer.

Also congrats RIC N BACKER on the new bass. I want to own a jazz at some point... although not as much as I want to own a P right now.

• Members

Guy told me once: There's no such thing as stupid questions, but they're a lot easier to answer.

Also congrats RIC N BACKER on the new bass. I want to own a jazz at some point... although not as much as I want to own a P right now.

thanks

I have to say with all the years that I have played a P bass and a Ric I never tried a Jazz till a month ago.

I missed out for a long time....the J's neck is much better than the P's neck.

with as little as the SX line costs you can have a P and J and still have less invested than buying an American P

• Members
Don't worry, I've gotten at least 20 PMs that start "this might sound retarded..." in the last few weeks. I have yet to hear one thing that sounds retarded.

:cool:

cool

I checked out the set up and right now it is fine as is.

I dont have that string height tool you have but I measured the string height of my Ric at the 12th fret and it is 3/32nds.

the SX is 4/32nds at the 12th fret. very slight bow almost flat on the neck. I have never seen the Allen screws come out so high above the saddles before but it is a cheap Bridge and I intend on changing it.

I have only has a few Basses in 27 years. my P back from 79-88. and Aria pro SLBII from 90-2000.
my Ric from 2001-present and now the 2 SX basses.

I really have never had much issues with adjustments hense not having to do it.
I have only changed bass strings 3 times in all those years!

I think the SX P will be the test Bass from here on out.I'll play with th etruss rods and saddles on that before I get into it on the 2 I like....My Ric and My SX J

Archived