NBD!

RIC N BACKER

• Members

SX SJB-75 natural

got it today. tuned it and played it right out of the box. I need to tweak the string hight a bit but thats normal.

it sounds fine and the pots are not scratchy. the sound of this bass is cool too. nice bottom with a touch or trebble.

the Neck is great once the string height is adjusted it will be perfect. the body looks real nice and feels solid. It weighs a little less than my SX SPB-57 and for the 45 minutes or so I played so far it feels like a better bass.

I found one small imperfection- the nut on the E string side near the edge looks like they cut off a little too much but its no where near the string and doesnt seem to affect anything.

Tuners are cool and the volume and tone Knobs are all tight. I have found Fenders & Epiphones with loose Knobs in stores....

Rondo's shipping is lightning fast. I sent in a money order last wednesday evening about 430 pm. the bass was at my house at 930 this morning.....

they package these basses better than Fender does.......

All in All I am Jazzed :D right now......lol

here are some pic's .

SXJazzbass005.jpg?t=1188253333

SXJazzbass008.jpg?t=1188253374

SXJazzbass006.jpg?t=1188253575

• Members

That is YUMMY!! :thu:

Also, I really like the tuners they put on the 5 string Sxes, you can see them here: http://www.rondomusic.net/photos/bass/sjb6241lpb4.jpg and here: http://www.rondomusic.net/photos/bass/sjb7541nat3.jpg

They only take one screw on the back. That's not the reason I like them, but it is one of the 2 obvious differences, the other being that the knob is not a piece of flat metal, it has varying thickness, it's thick near the center and tapers off towards the ends.

• Members

Happy NBD, bud - hope it works out well for you...

- georgestrings

Dude, you know what I have been doing for the last 3 weeks. this is awesome. no regrets bringing the Geddy back at all! no regrats passing on the Squier either.

I lowered the action and have been playing it for the last 3 hours. it is smooth as silk. I might have to tweak the neck just to get the strings down as low as I usually like it but I am jusy going to play it out of the box for now....

• Members

that's a nice looking SX jazz
:thu:
Put a badass on that and it'd be even cooler...

its either a BAII or a Gotoh havent made up my mind yet.

I am going to get a set of fender 7350's thats for sure. I like those strings.

the pots seem fine on this one. I would like a set of Fender vintage Jazz P/U 's somewhere down the road.

I am really impressed with this one as it is.... it is a step up from the SX SPB-57 I got a few years ago

• Members

its either a BAII or a Gotoh havent made up my mind yet.

I am going to get a set of fender 7350's thats for sure. I like those strings.

the pots seem fine on this one. I would like a set of Fender vintage Jazz P/U 's somewhere down the road.

I am really impressed with this one as it is.... it is a step up from the SX SPB-57 I got a few years ago

Well the Geddy Lee Jazz has a BA II as I'm sure you know... if you like that, maybe that's the way to go for your SX also.

• Members

Well the Geddy Lee Jazz has a BA II as I'm sure you know... if you like that, maybe that's the way to go for your SX also.

yea, the BA on the Geddy is a rock solid bridge.

the 7350's were the strings that were on it.

I dont even think I need different P/u's at this point. it sounds pretty good as is

• Members

I kept the stock PUs on my SX PJ. They sounded great. I did replace the pots, jack and the bridge, which I suggest that everyone should do.

I am going to change the bridge and strings for sure.I want to give it a few days before I make any alterations. I want to make sure the Bass is OK and it wasnt love at first sight making me miss a defect. ( which I doubt) but I have to be sure...know what I mean?

the pots seem good on this one. new pots are cheap anyhow so I guess it wouldnt hurt having a new set on there

• Moderators

dont feel bad. I think my PM to him started off as "this may sound retarded but..."

lol

Don't worry, I've gotten at least 20 PMs that start "this might sound retarded..." in the last few weeks. I have yet to hear one thing that sounds retarded.

:cool:

Archived