Legion Sound Cabs

• Members

anyone ever hear of these people...amp company in colorado..

both very good and very bad reviews in the reviews section (for all thats worth)...

anyone used or own them? or heard stories good or bad?

• Members

deal...i have already asked the offerer his whereabouts.....so, i will give a report on these....

according to the company site, they are particle board....but im not planning on getting them wet....lol

• Members

Ask this over at Live Sound and you'll get some more replies I'm sure. I've heard their 2x10 and it sounded like garbage to me. They're using a sub-par cabinet and sub-par speakers. They're made in the same factory as Madison and are used as a marketing tool to push Madison speakers by saying things such as "the Legion speakers are good but they aren't in the same range as Celestion, Madison, Eminence, etc". A sentence like this gives the uninformed reader the immediate opinion that Madison must be up there with Celestion and Eminence, and so when they see the prices on Madison stuff, they buy it (which in my opinion also sounds like trash... and I've been able to play through their stuff personally, a 2x10 + 1x15 stack with my amp/bass setup).

• Members

Ask this over at Live Sound and you'll get some more replies I'm sure. I've heard their 2x10 and it sounded like garbage to me. They're using a sub-par cabinet and sub-par speakers. They're made in the same factory as Madison and are used as a marketing tool to push Madison speakers by saying things such as "the Legion speakers are good but they aren't in the same range as Celestion, Madison, Eminence, etc". A sentence like this gives the uninformed reader the immediate opinion that Madison must be up there with Celestion and Eminence, and so when they see the prices on Madison stuff, they buy it (which in my opinion also sounds like trash... and I've been able to play through their stuff personally, a 2x10 + 1x15 stack with my amp/bass setup).

That's exactly what they do. I've played a Madison full stack with their high wattage amp and two of their 4x10s and I couldn't make it sound good with a P bass over a 4 hour rehearsal, and I tweaked the controls constantly.

I'd like to see them succeed I suppose, the Madison brand, but they're focusing their efforts on producing crap to prop up what could be a decent brand if they directed all their energy toward it...

C7

Archived