Big Muff

been_effected

• Members

dirty jokes aside fellas...

whats better on bass (for those guys who own one)...a Russian Big Muff or the other one (silver case)? Any good samples I can listen to? I've heard they're a little different and temperamental between units

EDIT: i tried searching but didn't get far :(

• Members

yeah I was listening to your stuff funkrock, its kinda what got me interested. That and they're ridiculously cheap on ebay.

I used to own an odb-3, but i found it was too sterile and meh, so i got rid of it.

keep it comin guys :)

EDIT: Whats the difference between the Russian one and the USA Big Muff Pi? :confused:

• Members

The Little Big Muff is my favorite variation of the available Big Muffs. It holds the low end fine and is true by pass. The old Sovtek fuzz (which is massive and green) is my favorite sounding one but it has bypass issues and there is TERRIBLE quality control. A lot of clones that around today are more often then not based on the Sovtek rather the the actual Big Muffs. The new Black big muffs (russian made) have terrible bypass and have plastic jacks. I cannot remember off hand if they are true bypass but I doubt it.

• Members

The Little Big Muff is my favorite variation of the available Big Muffs...

i tried the big muff pi usa reissue, and couldn't get what i wanted out of it. when i could achieve a fuzz texture i liked, it lacked all the bass. heard good things about the little big muff and a good bass response, so i gave it a try. it's totally what i was aiming for, and didn't take any time at all to dial it up.

• Members

Why the heck would you trust them with FX when they can't even win a Cold War? US BM owns all.

can't fight maybe, but isn't the AK-47 and all its copies/versions/forms one of the most reliable rifles in the world?

:D sorry, couldn't resist...

• Members

fwiw - you guys that have big muffs with the bass loss issues. i'll mod them into bass pedals for you for a nominal fee.

i've been doing alot of pedal work lately and have worked out a couple of mods that really improve them for bass use.

i want to do a couple of em here for you guys so i can get some feedback from you on the process and how i could improve it.

just pm or email me for details

• Members

fwiw - you guys that have big muffs with the bass loss issues. i'll mod them into bass pedals for you for a nominal fee.

i've been doing alot of pedal work lately and have worked out a couple of mods that really improve them for bass use.

i want to do a couple of em here for you guys so i can get some feedback from you on the process and how i could improve it.

just pm or email me for details

I'd be interested, but I'm also overseas :cry:

I've been looking into making one of those Paraloopers on Moosapotamus though, which might compensate?

• Members

I'd be interested, but I'm also overseas
:cry:

I've been looking into making one of those Paraloopers on Moosapotamus though, which might compensate?

the paralooper circuit that he has up is supposed to be good and work really well for it's intended purpose. i haven't built one but have checked out the schematic and it looks solid.

as far as being overseas - if you wanna foot the shipping i'm all for it :thu:

• Members
the paralooper circuit that he has up is supposed to be good and work really well for it's intended purpose. i haven't built one but have checked out the schematic and it looks solid.

as far as being overseas - if you wanna foot the shipping i'm all for it
:thu:

I'd be more up for Paypal-ing you money to buy a new Muff then modding it then sending it over. Would mean I would have a brand new Big Muff. Mine's super old.Oh yeah Jimmy, the pedal works but is not in good shape, I think it even has tape over the name (not sure why). Will give you an idea anyway. They aren't too expensive new either.

• Members

I'd be more up for Paypal-ing you money to buy a new Muff then modding it then sending it over. Would mean I would have a brand new Big Muff. Mine's super old.

Oh yeah Jimmy, the pedal works but is not in good shape, I think it even has tape over the name (not sure why). Will give you an idea anyway. They aren't too expensive new either.

actually if you did that ToeJam and everything worked out beautifully I'd consider doing it too, I'm more than happy to paypal money over to Gguttermouth to buy the pedal in the states. Besides, something tells me it would probably work out roughly to cost the same to wire the money to Guttermouth, get him to mod it and then ship it over than it would to go and buy one in a store over here.

Still feel free to mail yours down ToeJam, ill take care of it. I'm just curious about what kinda sound I can get out of one, and if I like then I'll have a yarn to Guttermouth

Archived