bought the gaudiest amp ever today :

Guttermouth

• Members

bow to the bad-assedness of the super rare gold sparkle kustom 100 head AND matching cabinet:

kustomsmall.jpg

clips:

clean:

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=5720969&q=hi

dirty (all the compression and dirt you hear is from the amp being cranked -there's no processing whatsoever)

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=5720973&q=hi

the head is about 70 watts or so and the cab is loaded with a 15 inch jensen.

• Members

That's some sweet ass {censored} right there! :thu: Way back in my first band we used one of those Kustom heads for vocals at the practice spot. We were entranced by the purple jewel light. After we were done we'd turn all the lights off, keep the Kustom on with it's purple light shining brightly, and light one up. Ahhh the wasted days of youth. :p

• Members

That's some sweet ass {censored} right there!
:thu:
Way back in my first band we used one of those Kustom heads for vocals at the practice spot. We were entranced by the purple jewel light. After we were done we'd turn all the lights off, keep the Kustom on with it's purple light shining brightly, and light one up. Ahhh the wasted days of youth.
:p

it was just too awesome to pass up. my favorite guitar matches it perfectly :

telebeardark.jpg

• Members

I Hate you:mad:

Just kidding, but seriously....

I wish I could run across deals like that.

I need to start hitting the pawn shops I suppose.

they actually have a cascade finish k200 head at the same place and there's a black pa300 with 2 screamer cabs (3x15 + horn) down the street.i guess today was just kustom day :)

• Members

ahh, that takes me back.... my first PA speakers were sparkle red Kustom 4X12.... 4 12 inch speakers straight up, I had a pair of them. I sold them to some guy who made a full-stack out of them (put the two columns side-by-side and put his Marshal head on top, it was awesome!!!!!!)

• Members

ahh, that takes me back.... my first PA speakers were sparkle red Kustom 4X12.... 4 12 inch speakers straight up, I had a pair of them. I sold them to some guy who made a full-stack out of them (put the two columns side-by-side and put his Marshal head on top, it was awesome!!!!!!)

man - some of the kustom cabs sounded pretty good if you got the upgraded speakers.they evidently offered em with jensens and/or cts. this one has a single jensen 15 in it and it 's still nice a punhcy sounding.i've heard maybe 4 kustoms through their matching cabs and this is the first loaded with a jensen and it's pretty impressive sounding.:thu:

• Members

Very nice find indeed!
:thu:
I've seen an amp like that but never the whole setup; cool! How does it sound?

it's pretty rare that you find the heads with their matching cabs. all kustoms cabs were oversized so i think people shunned them in favor of smaller cabs.

i guess the best way to describe the sound would be old school.it's actually got a pretty strong fender vibe when it's clean and it just snarls when it's cranked up. i'll try to get some clips tommorrow.

Archived