DAOTD: Condi's Kinda Mean

Bonoman

• Members

+1. The clerk sounds like a D-bag. I wouldn't call what Condi did mean at all.

Have you ever worked retail? I don't care if you're Donald freakin' Trump - nobody makes enough money to dress someone down that way. Was the clerk wrong in their attitude? Absolutely. But shouldn't Condi know enough to act better? I mean, she is one of the five most powerful people in the country, so instead of being a douche-bag, maybe she should try to act mature and lead by example? Just a thought...

• Members

Have you ever worked retail? I don't care if you're Donald freakin' Trump - nobody makes enough money to dress someone down that way. Was the clerk wrong in their attitude? Absolutely. But shouldn't Condi know enough to act better? I mean, she is one of the five most powerful people in the country, so instead of being a douche-bag, maybe she should try to act mature and lead by example? Just a thought...

I don't think what she said was awesome, but I think once the clerk starts "whispering sass" they're fair game for a dressing down.

I've worked in customer service in one capacity or another for at least 10 years, and in that time I've never "whispered sass" in front of a customer. Especially a customer that is requesting to buy something more expensive than what I've shown them.

The clerk stands nothing to lose and probably a bit of a commission to gain from showing Condi the nicer earrings. I'd be in full-slick "oh my, you're right! We have much nicer earrings over here, sorry about that."

If this is the highlight of a biography on Condi, she's a saint.

A tell-all biography on chunkathalon would involve so many more overt {censored}ups... that jewelry store incident probably wouldn't even make the book.

• Members

I don't think what she said was awesome, but I think once the clerk starts "whispering sass" they're fair game for a dressing down.

I've worked in customer service in one capacity or another for at least 10 years, and in that time I've never "whispered sass" in front of a customer. Especially a customer that is requesting to buy something more expensive than what I've shown them.

The clerk stands nothing to lose and probably a bit of a commission to gain from showing Condi the nicer earrings. I'd be in full-slick "oh my, you're right! We have much nicer earrings over here, sorry about that."

If this is
the
highlight of a biography on Condi, she's a saint.

A tell-all biography on chunkathalon would involve so many more overt {censored}ups... that jewelry store incident probably wouldn't even make the book.

Great Post!

• Members

If this is
the
highlight of a biography on Condi, she's a saint.

WINNER OF THE BONOMAN POST OF THE DAY AWARD!!!:thu::D

You schooled me right and made me smile at the same time. Good job! I still think Condi should have been the bigger person, but you're right in that the clerk shouldn't have given sass in the first place.

• Members

WINNER OF THE BONOMAN POST OF THE DAY AWARD!!!
:thu::D

You schooled me right and made me smile at the same time. Good job! I still think Condi should have been the bigger person, but you're right in that the clerk shouldn't have given sass in the first place.

Aw shucks.

I've worked with some assholes before, and I love seeing them get yelled at when they deserve it. It doesn't happen often enough, imho. Most people will get treated like {censored} and still leave a tip.

• Members

WINNER OF THE BONOMAN POST OF THE DAY AWARD!!!
:thu::D

What's this? Bonoman being dressed down and taking it graciously? OK WTF, who are you and what have you done with our Bonoman! :mad:

• Members

+1

Not good moves on either part, but I especially wouldn't want to hear such disconnected social elitism coming out of a politicians mouth.

• Members

+1

Not good moves on either part, but I especially wouldn't want to hear such disconnected social elitism coming out of a politicians mouth.

{censored} that. If I'm in a store to spend good hard-earned cash and I catch bull{censored} off a store clerk, her and her boss are gonna hear about it.

And why exactly was she showing her costume jewelry? Is there a racial thing going on here - kinda like Pretty Woman? ;)

• Members

{censored} that. If I'm in a store to spend good hard-earned cash and I catch bull{censored} off a store clerk, her and her boss are gonna hear about it.

And why exactly was she showing her costume jewelry? Is there a racial thing going on here - kinda like Pretty Woman?
;)

But when Condi says "Mistake, big mistake" she means she's calling in a nuke strike! :eek:

• Moderators

I still think Condi should have been the bigger person, but you're right in that the clerk shouldn't have given sass in the first place.

Probably so, and absolutely. From the sound of things, Condi might have handled the situation better, but there never should have been a situation to handle to handle.

Why in hell would anyone show Condoleezza Rice costume jewelry in the first place? there's a voice in the back of my head whispering, "Because she's black. The clerk assumed that she couldn't possibly afford real jewelry." If that same voice whispered to Ms Rice, I can see her tearing the clerk a new one.

• Members

Probably so, and absolutely. From the sound of things, Condi might have handled the situation better, but there never should have been a situation to handle to handle.

Why in hell would anyone show Condoleezza Rice costume jewelry in the first place? there's a voice in the back of my head whispering, "Because she's black. The clerk assumed that she couldn't possibly afford real jewelry." If that same voice whispered to Ms Rice, I can see her tearing the clerk a new one.

That was kinda my point.

And I'm sure she can flip the bitch switch on when needed. haven't met a woman yet who can't, especially a very driven successful woman.

Archived