I'm addicted to LEDs

burdizzos

• Members

I have 8 Chauvet Colorsplash Jrs and a pair of Colorsplash 200Bs for my stage rig.

And I just picked up a couple of
Inova T1
flashlights for the gig bags.

These {censored}s are awesome. The flashlight is smaller than a mini-mag, but it's brighter than a 6 D-cell Mag.

Remember that Speaker bar design I talked about a few months back? Well, the mudflap chick didn't make it, but another one of my concepts did. I'll post pics of it when it's done. It's :cool:. Mulitcolor LED's behind a tinted acrylic lens, the logo just appears out of nowhere then changes colors. Yes. LED's are great.

• Members

Ive never played a stage with anything other than old style PAR cans and was wondering if the LED lights are considerably cooler in temperature to play under than those oldschool heatlamp bulb lights that seem like you could cook a chicken under??:confused:

• Members

Led are bassically heatless, so way way cooler then par can hallo lights etc. Also use much less electricity and last way longer for flashlights and other battery powered led devices then regular flashlight bulb ones do. Chauvet has come out with a couple kewl animated moonflower etc lighting fixtures now too. Cant wait till they and others have more led lighting effects units inc waterfall, more gabos/moonflower etc effects units. Very nice.

Will be nice when regular home light bulbs for lamps are led too. Cause again, no heat buildup and much less electricity draw for lower bill. Lol.

Uses only led flashlights myself now, no more reg bulb ones, they eat batteries too fast. Thinks led light is nicer. And theres more color choices too. Lol.

• Members

Ive never played a stage with anything other than old style PAR cans and was wondering if the LED lights are considerably cooler in temperature to play under than those oldschool heatlamp bulb lights that seem like you could cook a chicken under??
:confused:

They produce no heat at all. The trade off is that to get the same degree of brightness as a Par 56, you need to spend some serious cash on LEDs.

I just got the Colorsplash 200Bs, so I haven't used them on stage yet, but I'd call the light given off by the 8 CS Jrs adequate. It's easy to create a bunch of different looks and scenes and the color choice is nearly infinite, but they are not anywhere near as bright as standard 500 watt pars.

There are new units coming out that are at a much higher price point that will probably be brighter than a standard par, but like I said, they will sell for no less than $500 per can.

• Members

LED's rule. We've had all the emergency lighting on our plane converted to all LED, as well as the flashlights we carry. Next up is some FretFx.
:evil:

..on your plane? Wow :cool:

I've only gone so far as to put them around the rim of the home toilet.

Note to self: buy plane to use the extra LED's

Archived