Gosh Darn It All To Heck!

burdizzos

• Members

So my band was booked to play a bar tomorrow night and it's been on the books for months.

The bar owner sold the place and we were told that the new owner was going to honor all previously booked shows.

Apparently, no one bothered to give the new owners a booking schedule or the new owners are full of {censored}. Either way it's {censored}ing crap that I have a gig canceled at the last minute because these people are {censored}ing retards.

I need to cool off a bit before I call these ass {censored}s.

• Members

You guys should have everyone you know show up at the club that night, ask the bouncers if you're playing, and then when they say no have your friends say, "But this gig was scheduled months ago! Oh well, I guess we'll just have to go drink somewhere else," and walk away. Nothing pisses off a club-owner more than money walking away from his front door, especially when it's because of a mistake he made.

• Members

You guys should have everyone you know show up at the club that night, ask the bouncers if you're playing, and then when they say no have your friends say, "But this gig was scheduled months ago! Oh well, I guess we'll just have to go drink somewhere else," and walk away. Nothing pisses off a club-owner more than money walking away from his front door, especially when it's because of a mistake he made.

Meh, not so much. The reason we got the boot is because the other band is a lame ass Reggae group that everyone around here loves. And those clowns are going to be the steady Friday gig at this particular bar.

So if 20 of our fans show up and storm off pissed, they'll have to wait in line to do it.

I can totally see the manager's point of view, but it still pisses me off to no end.

I just spoke to him and he was really apologetic about the whole thing. So I'm going to go chat with him in person next week and set up some future dates and attempt to use the guilt angle to jack up the rate.

It's all business.

• Members

Meh, not so much. The reason we got the boot is because the other band is a lame ass Reggae group that everyone around here loves. And those clowns are going to be the steady Friday gig at this particular bar.

So if 20 of our fans show up and storm off pissed, they'll have to wait in line to do it.

I can totally see the manager's point of view, but it still pisses me off to no end.

I just spoke to him and he was really apologetic about the whole thing. So I'm going to go chat with him in person next week and set up some future dates and attempt to use the guilt angle to jack up the rate.

It's all business.

Yeah, the whole talking and being mature about it angle will probably work a lot better for you than my next suggestion of fire-bombing the place...:D

• Members

One more reason you should always work with contracts.

If they say they are going to honor all previous bookings... you then have your contract to prove you had a booking.

Contracts can also have clauses regarding that exact type of thing:

"Prior to any final agreements in changes of ownership or management of said establishment, this contract must be held valid to those parties of interest or the contract termination fee of $ will be paid to ."

• Members

One more reason you should always work with contracts.

If they say they are going to honor all previous bookings... you then have your contract to prove you had a booking.

Contracts can also have clauses regarding that exact type of thing:

"Prior to any final agreements in changes of ownership or management of said establishment, this contract must be held valid to those parties of interest or the contract termination fee of $
will be paid to
."

+1

get the bastages to sign on the dotted line so you can bend them over if something goes wrong, rather than the other way around...

Archived