Guitar Center hype

johnny6644

• Members

If I was deaf, I would go to a Guitar Center everyday...because it can be a beautiful sight...but alas, I have the gift of hearing so I can only go there about once a month.

There are several persons who are legally obligated to be at GC, playing at full volume:

Slap-happy bass player

Riff-happy metal dude

12-year-old playing either Sunshine of Your Love or a Metallica song

Twang-happy old country music dude on a Telecaster

• Members

There are several persons who are legally obligated to be at GC, playing at full volume:

Slap-happy bass player

Riff-happy metal dude

Old country music dude twanging away on a Telecaster

Those same guys come to the one hear... But we usually get a 16 yr old drummer thrown in.

• Members

Slap-happy bass player

Riff-happy metal dude

Old country music dude twanging away on a Telecaster

:D

last two times ive been there youd have to add dueling e-drum sets to the list. i want to rip the drum sticks right out of the kids hands.

• Members

Once in a while the list sale has some great deals. It's gotten more rare over the years, less interesting stuff on sale and it's discounted less than in days of old. I think of my last trip to GC, and ask myself if there's anything there I'd want for half off (Not that they would discount anything that much). The answer for me is no, so I sleep in and have a nice relaxed morning for a change. Much better than fighting a horde of kids just to find out anything good was gone before you got there - even if you were there before the doors opened.

A note on the usual GC din: the last time I was in a GC, the main part of store was overwhelmed by the sound of 3 ...drummers isn't the word, young guys hitting the drumsets. It was so maddening it scared all the wanna be rockstar guitar and bass player kids away. Imagine the sound of 4 complete drum kits falling down a very long stairway. I sought refuge in the keyboard nook, where the sales staff (3 again) were honing their fine customer service skills by competing in a "let's make dumb keyboard noises in different keys and different time signatures" competition. I can't say I've ever been closer to the brink of madness.

• Members

I've found that the real deals are few and far between on desirable equipment. But the salespeople are more deal-ready during these big sales, to my experience, so you might be able to get a decent bit taken off a piece you've been gassing for.

That said, I feel like a got a nice deal in my Squier Vintage Modified Series '51 for $69.99 at the GC Memorial Day weekend sale:

3144BVP3PHL._AA280_.jpg

But they were only available in black. But I did get to open boxes and select among three.

• Members

I'll duck into the local GC once in a blue moon to see if they have anything interesting. They usually don't.

+1 It's been a few years now though. I've never really seen much at GC that I wanted at all.

• Members

I've found that the real deals are few and far between on desirable equipment. But the salespeople are more deal-ready during these big sales, to my experience, so you might be able to get a decent bit taken off a piece you've been gassing for.

That said, I feel like a got a nice deal in my
Squier Vintage Modified Series '51
for $69.99 at the GC Memorial Day weekend sale:

3144BVP3PHL._AA280_.jpg

But they were only available in black. But I did get to open boxes and select among three.

haha.....

I got the same deal as well....

Awesome 6 string for $69.99!

• Members

Can anyone provide a scan of the postcard? Does it say/show anything significant?

I don't have a scanner but it really doesn't say a damn thing.

Something like this...

Guitar Center must be going INSANE since deals this good could DESTROY THE WORLD. Trust us we don't like doing it but a bunch of {censored}TY GEAR must leave by 5 pm Monday afternoon. MONDAY!!!! If you are scared of AMAZING DEALS by all means stay home, but then you wouldn't see THE LIST, would you? Oh what's the list? HAHAH we won't tell you!! It's too INSANE. But the coveted LIST is so sacred the paper we write in on has to be blessed by Jesus, Allah and Buddah or it will SPONTANEOUSLY COMBUST. We're not kidding.

No line forming before 7 am.

Yo.

PS. The last line is true.

Archived