Fine tuning the Rickenbacker.

Undead Sycip

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Let's not get distracted by minutia or arguments. My point is that there is nothing about a Rickenbacker that makes is wildly different from all other basses. Every bass is unique. There is no greater a difference between any of a P, a J, a Stingray, an Alembic, etc. than there is between a Ric and the other basses. Ric discussions tend to include unexplained hyperbole that Rics are unlike anything you've ever played before. That is misleading and unhelpful.

True. All I say on the matter is that nothing else ever felt so right in my hands than a Ric. I imagine that a solidly built bass of another brand, whose neck had the same dimensions, would feel as good. I haven't come across that other bass yet, though.

• Moderators

True. All I say on the matter is that nothing else ever felt so right in my hands than a Ric. I imagine that a solidly built bass of another brand, whose neck had the same dimensions, would feel as good. I haven't come across that other bass yet, though.

It is not singular, but it is not as common as the Fender profiles. My hands love lots of necks, really the only I dislike are narrow and/or thin, and they certainly like the Ric.

• Members

Yep - everything flat on the amp, everything fully open on the bass. Bridge pickup soloed on the Ric.

Hey there Dr. K,

Occasionally I'll solo my Ric's bridge or neck pickup.

But the vast majority of the time I'm playing, I have both pickups engaged - set with 100% volume on the bridge pickup, and ~75% volume on the neck pickup. (both tone pots at 100% full-on) It's an awfully sweet tone 'spot.' You might try giving those settings a shot sometime :thu::wave:

• Members
Hey there Dr. K,

Occasionally I'll solo my Ric's bridge or neck pickup.

But the vast majority of the time I'm playing, I have both pickups engaged - set with 100% volume on the bridge pickup, and ~75% volume on the neck pickup. (both tone pots at 100% full-on) It's an awfully sweet tone 'spot.' You might try giving those settings a shot sometime
:thu::wave:

it's a good spot

Archived