Rush VS Dream Theater Threads

Apendecto

• Members

still going to tell us were wrong, mr cool ???
:wave:

well actually i'm gonna smile and say i don't give a {censored} what you think:D

IMO rush sucks and you can show me all teh facts or sheet music you want and i'm gonna say you're stupid for wasting your time.. I still think they suck and geddy's voice always sounds the same(that's what i mean by monotone) he sounds like spongebob {censored}ing a balloon

• Members

you might want to recheck that. it sounds like you might be seriously tone deaf.

no honestly i think people like Jason Mraz, Jack Johnson, Gwen Stefani, Axl Rose, and Layne Staley can sing.. they use(d) their voices as an instrument and can hit like 40 pitches.. Every Rush song i've ever heard sounds like it has the EXACT same vocal pitches as the last one all the way through.

• Members

no honestly i think people like Jason Mraz, Axl Rose, and Layne Staley can sing.. they use(d) their voices as an instrument and can hit like 40 pitches.. Every Rush song i've ever heard sounds like it has the EXACT same vocal pitches as the last one all the way through.

I haven't listened to much rush, but I know exactly what you're talking about. Some vocalists pick their favorite three notes and find a way to work them into every song. Blech.

• Members

no honestly i think people like Jason Mraz, Jack Johnson, Gwen Stefani, Axl Rose, and Layne Staley can sing.. they use(d) their voices as an instrument and can hit like 40 pitches.. Every Rush song i've ever heard sounds like it has the EXACT same vocal pitches as the last one all the way through.

you are 100 percent wrong and really might be tone deaf. i would seriously look into that. its not a good thing for a musician.

• Members

you are 100 percent wrong and really might be tone deaf. i would seriously look into that. its not a good thing for a musician.

how do you know i'm wrong.. i said every RUSH song I'VE heard.. i've heared very few but they all sounded vocally the same to me. I mean hell just give up.. AIC is my absolute favorite band but if someone says Layne was the most horrible singer ever.. i'm gonna say you're entitled to think that and walk away. I said rush sucked and i will not change my mind so just walk away.

• Members

how do you know i'm wrong.. i said every RUSH song I'VE heard.. i've heared very few but they all sounded vocally the same to me. I mean hell just give up.. AIC is my absolute favorite band but if someone says Layne was the most horrible singer ever.. i'm gonna say you're entitled to think that and walk away. I said rush sucked and i will not change my mind so just walk away.

i know that you are wrong because you are wrong. its really that simple. it makes no difference what bands you like or do not like. when you make a statement that is wrong i will say so.

• Members

Only somewhat. I would contend that Kurt was a better songwriter (a measurement I consider completely subjective, but I don't believe you can measure songwriting any other way). I would grant that the members of Rush and Dream Theatre are technically better musicians, but I know that if I was about to listen to some music and I had to choose between the three, it would be Nirvana 9 times out of 10.

Archived