Rush VS Dream Theater Threads

Apendecto

• Members

i don't like either band. and I hate rush .. i mean the bass lines are complicated but that mother{censored}er can't sing for {censored}.

geddy cant sing? haha, just because you might not like his voice doesn't mean you can say he cant sing. How about you post a video of you singing one of their songs, and dont say you cant sing for {censored} or anything like that:wave:

• Members

geddy cant sing? haha, just because you might not like his voice doesn't mean you can say he cant sing. How about you post a video of you singing one of their songs, and dont say you cant sing for {censored} or anything like that:wave:

+1. That's just plain ignorant. He's a helluva rock singer.

• Members

+1. That's just plain ignorant. He's a helluva rock singer.

That he is, and so is the singer from Dream Theater. That guy has major vocal chops, better than most any other rock singer I can think of, but gets slagged just as much as Geddy. I don't get that.

BTW Rush and Dream Theater couldn't be any more different musically, I also don't get why they're always compared to each other. They both tend to write music a little more complex than average, but musically they are nothing alike.

• Members

see you assume that I said I can sing, but you missunderstand.. his voice never changes pitch. Besides I wouldn't even try to sing one of their dumb {censored}ing songs. He stays the same {censored}ing pitch all the time. There is no change it's monotone but so {censored}ing high that it's annoying. I mean yeah if I was a tone deaf mother{censored}er then I'd love geddy but i'm not so i don't.

• Members

see you assume that I said I can sing, but you missunderstand.. his voice never changes pitch. Besides I wouldn't even try to sing one of their dumb {censored}ing songs. He stays the same {censored}ing pitch all the time. There is no change it's monotone but so {censored}ing high that it's annoying. I mean yeah if I was a tone deaf mother{censored}er then I'd love geddy but i'm not so i don't.

i didn't assume anything, i said don't use that as an excuse, and i don't see how you don't think his voice never changes pitch, it clearly does, and don't say they have "dumb {censored}ing songs" if you cant back that up, you may not like them but you cant really say anything bad about rush.

• Members

Yeah, thats a nice little story, but there are these things called facts and usually its better if they agree with a statement like this, but they do not. Geddy's voice is anything but monotone, that is not an opinion, its a fact that can be proven. Just go find some sheet music.

I can understand people not liking his voice because it IS unusual. I don't care for Les Claypool's bass playing most of the time. But I'm not about to say he can't play bass, because it obviously isn't true. Just not my thing.

Why can't you just say I don't like his voice? No need to be an idiot about it. Its not like there aren't a whole bunch of people who don't like Rush. But, when you're a douche about it, it tends to undermine anything else you might have to say on the topic.

• Members

you might want to recheck that. it sounds like you might be seriously tone deaf.

• Members

still going to tell us were wrong, mr cool ??? :wave:

Archived