Who here can play Teen Town?

davis1

• Members

Got any tips?

Jaco lines are like Coltrane lines to sax players; when you look at them and try to break them apart, you realize how solidly rooted they are in basic scales. Transcribing it showed me that it was just a lot of scalular (that a word?) licks, that was played flawlessly. The only tips I'd give are just to know your scales and practice it slowly.

• Members

Jaco lines are like Coltrane lines to sax players; when you look at them and try to break them apart, you realize how solidly rooted they are in basic scales. Transcribing it showed me that it was just a lot of scalular (that a word?) licks, that was played flawlessly. The only tips I'd give are just to know your scales and practice it slowly.

I've already transcribed it. It's the string skipping first lick that I can't get up to speed. I don't know how he does it,:cry:

• Members

I've already transcribed it. It's the string skipping first lick that I can't get up to speed. I don't know how he does it,
:cry:

That lick really isn't that difficult once you get it down. The key is, practice it very slow at first, then gradually speed up.

• Members

I had to have some real good spiteful motivation (Ie: proving a nasty music teacher wrong) to learn to play "Portrait of Tracy". I think to have to get me to learn Teen Town you would have to put the fate of the world in my hands. Otherwise I couldn't be bothered really...

• Members

That piece of self-centered regurgitation makes me want to vomit all over my keyboard.

I saw him in 1976 at the Leroy Theatre in Pawtucket, RI and I can unequivacably say he was the most self-centered, pycho jerk in that great band. If you wanted to pay attention to anybody it was 1) Joe Zawinul closely followed by 2) Wayne Shorter.

I am glad Jaco's dead- what a {censored}ing mis-fit.

Did you see them live? NO, so shut up!

• Members

I've seen him live-twice. He was arrogant as hell (flipped off the crowd, strutted around etc.) but he was one guy that IMO could get away with it (didn't really bother me). But Lyricpoet, you're glad he's dead?? Pretty sad. It's not like he raped your daughter or killed a family of five!

Mr. Matt

• Moderators

That piece of self-centered regurgitation makes me want to vomit all over my keyboard.

I saw him in 1976 at the Leroy Theatre in Pawtucket, RI and I can unequivacably say he was the most self-centered, pycho jerk in that great band. If you wanted to pay attention to anybody it was 1) Joe Zawinul closely followed by 2) Wayne Shorter.

I am glad Jaco's dead- what a {censored}ing mis-fit.

Did you see them live? NO, so shut up!

Score another point for Goofball Jones's theory with this post.

• Members

Ahhhhh....the alcohol is kicking in, making me mellower by the minute. Chill, dudes, I had a bad day.

But what I have said about Jaco many who saw WR can confirm.....really for all the BP hype, which also makes me vomit, just like Jerry Garcia, he wasn't the end all and be all.

That's it Jerry and Jaco- two of the same club!
:):idea:

OK, Folks?

• Members

Who says Geddy's got no game? I'm used to the pedantics surrounding Jaco, But Ged's a great rock player doing music heard on the radio that people like.

Oxymoron- music heard on the radio and people like......no such thing/

Seriously I never heard Hemispheres, The Necromancer, Cygnus X-1 (rarely) on the radio. They do play Spirit of Radio, Closer To The Heart and occasionally Working Man though so I guess radio is not all bad....

As for Geddy, just think how many chops he'd have if he didn't have to sing all the time!!:thu:

Mr. Matt

• Members

Oh....sorry, and to finally answer your question- Dark Slide can play the {censored} out of Teen Town.

I remember him posting a smoking version back in the day when we didn't have the computer or web site power to post our own music, and an English fellow who no longer posts gave up his computer space to act as a host. What was his name?

Again, DarkSlide!!!!!

• Members

Oh....sorry, and to finally answer your question- Dark Slide can play the {censored} out of Teen Town.

I remember him posting a smoking version back in the day when we didn't have the computer or web site power to post our own music, and an English fellow who no longer posts gave up his computer space to act as a host. What was his name?

Again, DarkSlide!!!!!

well he is "Resident Asshole" so go figure :lol::p;)

Archived