TI Flats and being published

Johnny Duart

• Members

Not that anyone cares, BUT I bought a set of TI flats for my StingRay 5 from the www.bassemporium.com for $55 and my Ray has COME ALIVE!!!!! Man, I love those strings!!!! I e-mailed Carol Kaye and she told me that was the best price she ever heard for a five-string set and was glad to hear I finally popped a set on my Ray. They are warm and beautiful!!!!!!!!! and the sustain and clarity is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! Best set of strings I have ever bought, and I've been playing fretted and fretless for over 30 years.......what took me so long??????

Next, not that anyone cares, BUT a publishing company is considering priniting my manuscript called The "No-Carry" Method to Teaching Whole Number/Decimal Operation Skills to Learning Disabled Students!!!!!!!! I'm thinking Oprah's Book of the Month Club!!!!!!! Just kidding. It took four years to develop with most of it being my students' input and one year to finally create a final draft. We had it copyrighted in 2006 and a researcher from a publishing company, (I'll keep the company secret for now until it/if it really comes to fruition), read it at the Library of Congress and thought it was interesting and different enough to find value in publishing it!!!!!!!!! WHHOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME AND HE LOVES ME AND HE LOVES YOU!!!

Wish me luck,

Johnny

• Members

What is the "no carry" method, briefly? I am finishing my Masters for an M.Ed. and it's things like this that I'd love to know more about.
:thu:

It is a method to teach multiplication to learning disabled students that eliminates the confusion of the "old-fashioned" way of multiplying long hand. It is more horizontal than vertical, but there is way more to it than that. It combines concepts of the algebraic method for multiplying binomials and a method called "Napier Rods" that Scottish mathematician John Napier developed for quick, efficienct multiplication way back in the late 1600s. My learning disabled students pretty much created all the steps, I offered teacherly suggestions and put it all together. By the way, "no-carry" is a misnomer..........there is a little bit of carrying over in the addition phase. It is great for decimals, too. You'd have to attend an in-service on it to really see how it works.........hopefully, if it does get accepted for publishing, you can buy a copy and use it in your own class!!!!

All of what I am is through the grace of God!!!

Peace be with you, Johnny

• Members

Wow, you know carol kaye?

Congrats on being published, that must feel awesome.

Yes, and you can, too! Go to www.carolkaye.com and join her forum. She will answer all of your questions directly and she will e-mail you directly, too, and you can e-mail her directly, also. She is very good at keeping in touch, personally, with all of her "forumites" and fans..........If you live out in L. A. she posts where she will be performing and she is very open to conversing with fans.

Peace be with you,

Johnny

Archived