Strap length issues

Optimus Prime

• Members

How do you like the strap other than the length? That's one strap I've been eyeing at. It's long and wide enough, but is it comfy? Quality justify the price, you think?

It's great. So much more comfortable. But it's expensive. And like I said the stitching around the holes seems flimsy.

• Members

WTF is right. Seriously.

The best part about this is OP knows his preferred strap length to the inch. I've never even thought about that measurement, but it immediately strikes me as more important than I have pretended.

I didn't know how long they were until I thought it would save time to try and get it to about the same length instead of taking it off shortening it then putting it back on, which is a pain in the ass to do. Wow, that's kinda confusing.

• Members

I'm actually in the process of shortening all of my straps right now. I cut some new holes with a razor to experiment...since I've got 3 of the same straps. I'm taking them up about 6-7 inches...and so far it's working great! I should be done in less than an hour or so with all 3...

Did you just decide that playing higher was easier?

• Members

Did you just decide that playing higher was easier?

Nope...it's something that I've known for a long time. I had the straps as short as they can go, but they are still a little low for me. I like to have my bass at the same level when I sit or stand. I'm also pretty damn busy, so I just never had time to take care of them...so I guess it's about time.

• Members

Nope...it's something that I've known for a long time. I had the straps as short as they can go, but they are still a little low for me. I like to have my bass at the same level when I sit or stand. I'm also pretty damn busy, so I just never had time to take care of them...so I guess it's about time.

That's how I like mine. And with the cheap cotton straps it's easy. But with the leather ones it's hard to get since I'm as short as I am.

• Members

How them straps lookin?

• Members

i picked up this really sweet strap from gc a few days ago. its got a late 60's type floral type pattern in like yellow some brown/orange ect.. and i thought itd work perfect with my natural grabber and it does look good but the leather ends are a weird shape and a little to long/wide for my liking. And when i wana put it on my jazz bass (which i wear up high for jazz improv ect) the big ass brass looking buckle looks goofy as shyt by my collar bone.. so i guess ill only use it for rock with my grabber and have the buckle at the top of my shoulder blade?.. kind of a waste of 36 bucks though since my jazz bass was gettin retro-fitted with the block inlays and whatnot..o wells

• Members

How them straps lookin?

They're good! I'm still not sure about the height. I used them at practice last night and they seemed pretty good. We'll see in the next few days if I still like it. One thing I noticed...my SR5 is HEAVY!!! It seems like raising the strap made it feel even heavier...

• Members

The mailman brought me a couple of straps today.
They are a killer deal for what I paid. I bought one for myself and one to give my daughter for her birthday. (along with a new bass and case :))

The seller (on ebay) is a bassist as well.
Here is his website:
http://leather-bound.com/index.html

Here are the straps I bought:
(for my daughter)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120155049464
(for me)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120154565614

My strap could be a little shorter just like the OP's, but looking @ the seller's site he will make it the way you want it.

I am in no way associated with selling any merchandise

Archived