Drummers.....ugh

B-Bottom

• Members

Well our drummer quit last night for no apparent reason. He sent me a few text messages saying that he didn't know if he could keep jamming and his bills were backing up (he hasn't has a job in about a month now) and he needed to sell his drums. I told the guy that I would be more than happy to help him find a job and a new apartment since he was living with his cousin since moving here (from Egypt)

He seemed cool with the idea and then a few hours later he calls me up and says that he decided that he needs to "get away". I told him that they are his drums and he's more than welcome to pick them up at anytime but I think he's really going to regret selling them.

So the bottom line is that now it's just myself and the guitar player and I'm back to posting ads all over hells creation trying to find a replacement. What really blows is that the three of us really got along well and I was getting a lot more comfortable singing the majority of the songs. Not to mention I just got anew mixer and stand for the monitor so the vocals are a hell of a lot more clear.

Ugh

• Members

Wow, sorry man. Of all the places to go to when one leaves Egypt, why Harrisburg?

Well he lived in Florida and then in South Carolina and then made his way here because he has a cousin here.

He mentioned something about how he was going to move to California now. Who knows what's going through that guys head

• CMS Author

{censored}in A. Not to mention Allentown. Man you wan tto talk about a dump of a city...yikes!!!

Well, with possible exception of Pittsburgh, all of Pennsylvania lacks a decent city. And I'm only going by hearsay about the 'burgh.

Sorry to hear of your drummer situation. Sounds exactly like me last January...no job, then the drummer bails because of his job travel, then the next day guitarist calls to say he's gonna take a few months hiatus because of "burnout" and maybe he's getting arthrytis. Haven't heard from him since.

• Members

Sorry to hear of your drummer situation. Sounds exactly like me last January...no job, then the drummer bails because of his job travel, then the next day guitarist calls to say he's gonna take a few months hiatus because of "burnout" and maybe he's getting arthrytis. Haven't heard from him since.

thanks man. yea it sucks pretty hard but I'm sure something will come along. Maybe the next guy will actually show up to practice on time....boy wouldn't that be a nice change of pace

• Members

thanks man. yea it sucks pretty hard but I'm sure something will come along. Maybe the next guy will actually show up to practice on time....boy wouldn't that be a nice change of pace

I hear that. We practice at the drummer's house and usually show up before he does. :eek:

• Members

With all the trouble you've been having finding and keeping band memebers, it makes me wonder. Maybe it isn't them.

yea you're right, it's the area.

If I were trying to start a cheesy cock rock band I'd have no shortage of finding people for that. I guess I'm just looking for more

• Members

Drummers, yeah. My guitarist and I just decided last night that we need to find a new drummer. The guy we have is a decent, reliable guy, but his tempo and sense of rhythm/groove is just all over the place. Not steady at all, and the last time we played we all were getting a little po'd at how sloppy the band is. Sucks, since I'm sure I'll have to be the one to break the news to him, and then also for starting the search all over again. As it stands though we can't continue with this guy and expect anything better out of the band. Time to punt...

Archived