GT-6B or POD XT Live?

slapthefunkyfour

• Members

I'm trying to decide between them. Who has used them and what do you think?

I play country, rock, folk, goth rock, pretty much everything.

I'm looking for some chorus, flange, phase, reverb, delay, and some synth effects. I would like to get all separate analog pedals, but the ease of use from something like this makes it worth it to me.

So this:

222417.jpg

or this:

239318.jpg

• Members

There's more than one TB megathread on a showdown between the two, so I'd check there also.

IIRC, it boils down to if you like to model, get the Line6.

If you like effects, get the Boss.

YMMV, but that's what the general consensus was.

• Members

Amps models: POD> GT6B

Effects: GT6B> POD

i used to use the POD for guitar, but for bass, I currently own the GT6B :)

FWIW: I don't care for either box's synth sounds. too much "mwow". I use the Big Muff model to make a square wave, and run the octave/harmonist before it. YMMV.

• Members

Well, just from that, I've decided on the Boss. I don't want to model, I already have the perfect amp setup for me. I just need effects.

Thanks.

then go with the Boss ME-50B.

All the kick ass effects, better interface (all knob based - no menus) and no modeling.

cheaper too.

http://www.bossus.com/index.asp?pg=1&tmp=133

me50b_md.jpg

• Members

then go with the Boss ME-50B.

All the kick ass effects, better interface and no modeling.

you need a accessory pedal too switch banks with, unless you want to bend over and push the small button with your finger (or have very small, highly accurate toes and want to play barefoot), right?

• Members

you need a accessory pedal too switch banks with, unless you want to bend over and push the small button with your finger (or have very small, highly accurate toes and want to play barefoot), right?

Yup. an FS-5U works just right. You can also hook up an FS-5L to turn the compressor on and off IIRC.

It has all the effects of the GT-6B without the modeling crap (I'm not big on that, get a good amp) and none of the learning curve.

• Members

I've been eyeing mulit-fx units lately too. Anyone care to comment on the Korg AX3000-B vs. the Boss and Line6?

AX3000B.jpg

Personally I think the Boss units have the best pure effects. Modulation, delay, compression, etc. Line6 has the best modeling of the bunch.

none of them have good envelopes or synths IMO. Get a Deep Impact if you want a great bass synth.

The korg doesn't really excel at anything. It's just solid at everything.

Archived