What is wrong with Oregonians? First the brothel guy, now this...

Bass8987

• Members

A protestant minister here in Denmark was just arrested for trying to shoot the neighbours poodle. Apparently he and the neighbour had been at odds for some time because of her dogs' constant barking. So the guy grabs his hunting rifle and goes over there and puts quite a few bullets through the woman's door. I assume he could hear the dog on the other side but the article on it I just read doesn't mention it.

• Members

A protestant minister here in Denmark was just arrested for trying to shoot the neighbours poodle. Apparently he and the neighbour had been at odds for some time because of her dogs' constant barking. So the guy grabs his hunting rifle and goes over there and puts quite a few bullets through the woman's door. I assume he could hear the dog on the other side but the article on it I just read doesn't mention it.

A hunting rifle for a poodle? Isn't that over-doing it a little?:eek:

• Members

Michael Vick? Is that you?

I guess you look at things differently when you grow up in the country/on the farm.

Sure, the guy is a wack job and needs to be jailed for breaking and entering, but really people, it's just a cat. I can't count the number that have been kicked by, stomped on, and chased by horses on the farm, or mauled by farm equipment. Cats are a mouse trap you don't have to bait.

I'm much more concerned about the wholesale slaughter of infants at "Planned Parenthood" clinics.

• Members

I guess you look at things differently when you grow up in the country/on the farm.

Sure, the guy is a wack job and needs to be jailed for breaking and entering, but really people, it's just a cat. I can't count the number that have been kicked by, stomped on, and chased by horses on the farm, or mauled by farm equipment. Cats are a mouse trap you don't have to bait.

I'm much more concerned about the wholesale slaughter of infants at "Planned Parenthood" clinics.

Nah, I'm not at all in a serious mood today, so it was 100% joke.

Having come from a very rural and agrarian background, my thoughts on animals are close to yours. I'm an animal lover, but have very different ideas on what that means compared to the mainstream view of an animal lover.

It's a difference of perspective that some people just won't allow themselves to accept.

But that's a totally different topic.

• Members

I guess nothing says "I love you" like the head of a dead cat. Can't wait for the Hallmark cards.
:thu:

"Noller, 21, of Klamath Falls had become interested in a woman who joked that he should give her the head of a black cat as a gift, said Cole Chase, a deputy district attorney."

Stupid EMO CHICKS! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Members

Nah, I'm not at all in a serious mood today, so it was 100% joke.

Having come from a very rural and agrarian background, my thoughts on animals are close to yours. I'm an animal lover, but have very different ideas on what that means compared to the mainstream view of an animal lover.

It's a difference of perspective that some people just won't allow themselves to accept.

But that's a totally different topic.

I hear you on that, but I'm a dog person.

Cats, meh, not so much.

• Moderators

I guess if he had taken a cat from a farm I would see your point, but that's really not an apples to apples comparison. As is, he broke into someone's house, stole their house pet, killed it and then decapitated it. That's quite a bit different than your average outdoor pride of farm cats. Would you like someone to break into your house and steal your favorite black lab and kill it?

• Members

Parts of Oregon scare me---like K Falls, also known as 'Meth Capital of the West.'

:freak:

That's like the tenth place I've heard of claiming to be a meth capitol of some sort. I think it has something to do with the American desire to be the worst at something - everyone needs notoriety if you can't be legitimately famous :D

Archived