I'm Really Bummed...

Thunderbroom

• Members

I was just looking at the calendar and realizing that my band's gigging is going to dry up soon.

:(

We've got four more gigs scheduled this month but then it's down to about one per month after playing 4 - 6 per month all Summer. While I know we all can use the downtime, I'm still gonna miss all the gigging.

On a bright note, FINALLY we've all agreed that originals are on for the downtime as well as learning some new cover tunes. We're also hoping to head back into the studio to record the originals once we get them done.

Just gettin' my blog on!

:)

• Members

we try to limit our gigs to festival type of venues for the summer.

That's just it. We've been doing a boatload of fests this year (two this weekend). It's our busiest (and most lucrative) time of the year. We'll be back playing bars for 1/3 - 1/2 of what we've been making at fests all Summer.

• Members

same boat here man. well, nearly. since mid-april, we've played at least 3 shows per month. as it sits right now, we've got gigs 9/08, 9/22, 10/12 and 10/20. after that, we're dry...

but also like you i'm looking forward to some downtime...

How do your bandmates feel about your 'never gig with the same bass twice' philosophy? :confused:

• Members

I'm guessing they care about as much as my band. I've used seven different basses over the Summer. Other than laughing at the duct tape bass, I've heard nothing.

honestly, i've gigged for about 8 months with these guys, and only taken 2 or maybe three basses on stage. the sterling seems to be the "go-to" bass for me.

but my guitarist does flip me {censored} every time i show up with something else. he's sneaking up fast on 40 and has owned the same 2 guitars, and the same half-stack since his first year of grad school...

:D:D

• Members

honestly, i've gigged for about 8 months with these guys, and only taken 2 or maybe three basses on stage. the sterling seems to be the "go-to" bass for me.

but my guitarist does flip me {censored} every time i show up with something else. he's sneaking up fast on 40 and has owned the same 2 guitars, and the same half-stack since his first year of grad school...

:D

Ah so you HAVE had the Sterling all this time - cool :thu:

• Members

I was just looking at the calendar and realizing that my band's gigging is going to dry up soon.

We've got four more gigs scheduled this month but then it's down to about one per month after playing 4 - 6 per month all Summer. While I know we all can use the downtime, I'm still gonna miss all the gigging.

On a bright note, FINALLY we've all agreed that originals are on for the downtime as well as learning some new cover tunes. We're also hoping to head back into the studio to record the originals once we get them done.

Just gettin' my blog on!

:cry:

Boohoo....I've gigged once since St. Patricks Day and now me and the drummer are trying to get a new band up to gigging speed.....:freak:

• Members

That sucks. But hey. Some of us aren't even in bands, and didn't get to play in front of anybody this year. So, something to be thankful for.

Oh, I'm grateful for having my band. I have no sympathy for you not having a band though. As a bassist, you could be in a band tomorrow if you decided it's what you want to do.

So, quit playing with yourself and get out there.

• Members

Oh, I'm grateful for having my band. I have no sympathy for you not having a band though. As a bassist, you could be in a band tomorrow if you decided it's what you want to do.

So, quit playing with yourself and get out there.

Ok. :D

• Members

Just gettin' my blog on!

I don't think you should feel bummed at all - it sounds like an exciting time to build up the band a little bit more. Enjoy it, and good luck with the originals.

• Moderators
I just like hearing musicians for who they really are.

YFC has enough live charisma that a few originals could open some different doors for them to walk through. But yeah, I agree with that. Even if that doesn't happen, you still get to hear a band how they really are themselves.

• Members

Would it help to put things in perspective?

Your first "real" band has been better than a lot of us on our ninth or tenth tries. You have been gigging pretty regularly for what, 3 or 4 years now?

Hell a lot of us remember your trepidation in even trying out for this band because you didn't have the confidence.

I would take your spot in a heart beat. :thu:

• Members

Would it help to put things in perspective?

Your first "real" band has been better than a lot of us on our ninth or tenth tries. You have been gigging pretty regularly for what, 3 or 4 years now?

Hell a lot of us remember your trepidation in even trying out for this band because you didn't have the confidence.

I would take your spot in a heart beat.
:thu:

Sorry Tony, but I can't picture you in a cowboy hat and a Walmart smock. :p

Archived