God, Music 101 is so BORING!

der oxenrig

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When I was attending college, I started as a music Major. In my 3rd year, I switched to Education. Once I switched majors, My 120 or so credit hours of music electives were going to just get flushed down the pipes, and I was going to have to take Music Appreciation (That's what they called that class in my day).

It was one of the biggest fights I have had in my life.

• Members

quick - what's the relative minor of E#....

It's D.

Edit: I think. If I'm wrong then it's not a question of me not knowing my theory but rather of me not knowing the English terms. Of course that's easy for me to say...

Edit: No wait. I take it back. It's actually C##

• Members

Quit yer bitchin' you could be sitting behind a computer at a F'd up company totally unable to shovel the bull{censored} as it comes down the shoot to land on you. How I wish I was in freaking intro to music 101. Enjoy your school, enjoy your youth. oooh. I think I sound a little bitter...sorry. :cry:

• Members

Quit yer bitchin' you could be sitting behind a computer at a F'd up company totally unable to shovel the bull{censored} as it comes down the shoot to land on you. How I wish I was in freaking intro to music 101. Enjoy your school, enjoy your youth. oooh. I think I sound a little bitter...sorry.
:cry:

ya or you could have a B.M. sitting behind a computer at a F'd up company totally unable to shovel the bull{censored} as it comes down the shoot to land on you.:rolleyes:

I totally so wish I would have majored in broadcast engineering or at least something that would have had some significance in real world application. instead of this {censored}ing worthless B.M.:cry:

if you are going to major in music you are waysting your time unless you plan on getting a PHD. otherwise I would recomend making music your minor and major in something that will land you a decent career once you Graduate College.

• Members

dont you mean f:confused:

i know c## if d but isnt e# an f:confused:

E# major scale is a bit of an oddity. You rarely see keys with more than at most 7 sharps. E#-major would have 11 sharps. There's such a thing as an E# major scale but you'd never see it. Now a note can have two sharps only I don't how to type a double sharp here. The E# scale would go like this:

E# F## G## A# B# C## D##

You get the relative minor scale by looking at the sixth note in the major scale.

And as you see that's not D rather it is C##.

Archived