DAOTD: Pete Doherty (who?) Cracks Out His Cat

Bonoman

• Members

Nah, he's some guy who played guitar on the first Libertines album. It was decent, but for some reason the music press decided it was the second coming of Jesus. He got kicked out and made an album with a band called Baby Shambles. Overrated as a guitarist, terrible human being. Oh, he dated Kate Moss too.

• Members

Nah, he's some guy who played guitar on the first Libertines album. It was decent, but for some reason the music press decided it was the second coming of Jesus. He got kicked out and made an album with a band called Baby Shambles. Overrated as a guitarist, terrible human being. Oh, he dated Kate Moss too.

At least I've heard of the Libertines. They only mention Baby Shambles when they talk about him now, which is why I thought he was just a nothing. Still, I don't suppose guest-guitaring on one album for a group doesn't really make you a something either, but at least it ligitimizes why they're always talking about him in the press.

Yeah, this guy has quite the track-record. Injecting young girls with heroin while they're passed out on the floor, passing out while driving, telling Kate Moss she needs to lose weight... Okay, that last one's not true, but this guy is a reprobate and needs to go to jail. Or at least rehab.

• Members

I hate this {censored}stick. he sucks, his music sucks and nothing he does warrants a fraction of the attention he gets. he's just another one of those "look, i'm such a tragic helpless drugged out rocker/celebrity, the rules say you must idolise me because supposedly if i clean up my act my 'real' talent will come out", every generation has a few I guess. ugh.

• Members

I hate this {censored}stick. he sucks, his music sucks and nothing he does warrants a fraction of the attention he gets. he's just another one of those "look, i'm such a tragic helpless drugged out rocker/celebrity, the rules say you must idolise me because supposedly if i clean up my act my 'real' talent will come out", every generation has a few I guess. ugh.

+1 :idea:

• Members

At least I've
heard
of the Libertines. They only mention Baby Shambles when they talk about him now, which is why I thought he was just a nothing. Still, I don't suppose guest-guitaring on one album for a group doesn't really make you a something either, but at least it ligitimizes why they're always talking about him in the press.

Yeah, this guy has quite the track-record. Injecting young girls with heroin while they're passed out on the floor, passing out while driving, telling Kate Moss she needs to lose weight... Okay, that last one's not true, but this guy is a reprobate and needs to go to jail. Or at least rehab.

Actually he was the co-songwriter/guitarist/singer for the two Libertines Albums, along with his then friend Carl Barat.

The fella started off well with that kind of cheeky London urchin rock, critics were falling at their feet for him, and then he blew it all. Been in and out of rehab for christ knows how long.

Basically he's the standard fare these days for any british tabloid during a quiet week when nothing else is happening that they can blow out of proportion.

Archived