Friend needs a bass for $500. Punk Rock

Roflcopterrr

• Members

Hello all... I need some suggestions for my friend. He's looking for a new bass, he uses his dad's junk one, so he needs it.

He has $500, and I've been thinking about a fender precision bass. Is it good at all?

$500?

Punk Rock?

Get three SX P-basses from Rondo.

• Moderators

I can't imagine a bass that you couldn't use in a punk band. One of my friends runs this: http://www.punkplanet.com/ and if I told him that the only punk bass was a P played with a pick he'd kick me in the nuts. That said, if I were playing rock or punk there is no doubt my first bass of choice would be a P played with a pick. That's just what I do.

• Members

There is a funny trend with punk music.

People always pretend to know punk better than punks themselves.

There are punks left? :confused:

I thought punk had been replaced by a whole scene of people "Shouting their individuality by a strict adherence to a set of norms and ensuring such adherence by loudly telling other people they aren't really 'true punk'"...:D

• Members

I'm so punk I woke up this morning, got my kids ready for school, took a shower, took my kids to school, kissed them goodbye, went to work, got stuff done, picked up my kids for after school care, went to the grocery store, came home, cooked bbq chicken, baked beans, and green beans, watched Ghost Hunters, and drank a couple beers (good ones).

But... Black Flag - TV party did just come on my radio station... And I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express a couple years ago. :freak:

Archived