Speakon cable question

One Bad Monkey

• Members

The smallest speakon-to-speakon cable apparently in the city is a 10 footer. It's not a big deal, but I'd really like a smaller (like 5 foot or less) cable, since it's only going to be connected from the amp to the cab.

My question is this; I'm not familiar with speakon connections, but are they hard to solder? Do they need soldering? My thought is that if I could, I'd rather buy two speakon ends, cut the cord in half and fix the ends so I'd have two cables (one as a backup). Good/bad idea?

• Members

The smallest speakon-to-speakon cable apparently in the city is a 10 footer. It's not a big deal, but I'd really like a smaller (like 5 foot or less) cable, since it's only going to be connected from the amp to the cab.

My question is this; I'm not familiar with speakon connections, but are they hard to solder? Do they need soldering? My thought is that if I could, I'd rather buy two speakon ends, cut the cord in half and fix the ends so I'd have two cables (one as a backup). Good/bad idea?

Got mine from this guy on Ebay. Don't do BUY IT NOW. Make an offer. I made a $10 offer, and he accepted it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-Foot-Speakon-to-Speakon-Speaker-Cables-PA-DJ-12-Ga_W0QQitemZ110165689340QQihZ001QQcategoryZ41462QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

• Members

More info:

I know I previously posted wiring illustrations here, but I can't find them now.

edit: here's one -

Killer, thanks!

EDIT: Five minutes, a box cutter and screwdriver later, one shortened cord.

Archived