Southwest Airlines Babe!!!!

mrmatt64

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You should see the view from up front bro.
;)

One of the most vivid memories of my youth was when I was on a Lufthansa flight from Larnaca to Frankfurt, on an Airbus 320 back in '96. It was a reasonably quiet flight, it was at the time when most German tourists were on their way to Cyprus rather than leaving. Anyhow, obviously being before 9/11, I asked if I could visit the cockpit. I was 13. I was shown in, and got chatting to the first officer. Turned out he was busy trying to complete Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers (an old PC adventure game) and had gotten stuck somewhere on it. I gave him a few pointers and we got chatting more, about football (ok, fine, soccer :rolleyes: ) and as the flight wore on, the captain asked if I'd like to sit up in the cockpit for the landing. They strapped me into the extra seat and even gave me headphones to listen to the ATC.

I remember every single detail, it was mesmerising. They explained the stuff to me, how the air traffic control system worked and how navigation occurred.

Totally awsome. Captain Jurgen and First Officer Peter were totally awsome guys and even though I never saw them again, I will always thank them for such an incredible experience at such an impressionable age. I was destined to be an airline pilot.

Then a little while later my sister's friend lent me Fear of the Dark by Iron Maiden and all that changed :D

• Members

The Airline attendant may have been wrong to make as big an issue of this as he did. Please note in the photo of her "modeling" the clothes she wore that day, we are seeing her as she looked AFTER she adjusted her clothing. It's obvious from the location of the jeans skirt button that prior to adustment the skirt would have been riding up much, much higher then it is in the photo shown. I personally would not have objected, especially had she been sitting across from me.

Archived