Bass necks ! Warmoth vs Allparts.

Daryl Chaney

• Members

Hey,

Im researching a new neck for my MIA P-bass cause this happened.

I've narrowed it down to a Warmoth or an Allparts neck.

J-bass maple neck, rosewood fingerboard, block binding, gloss finish + frets and nut.

Both cost the same.

JRF_B.jpg

Which one would be better?

Warmoth sounds alot better, because they explain how they make their necks and it sounds much better than the shite Fender are putting out these days.

Allparts dont say anything about their necks, they dont even say that they make them !

anyone played, dealt with both warmoth/allparts necks ?

• Members

Hey,

Im researching a new neck for my MIA P-bass cause
this
happened.

I've narrowed it down to a Warmoth or an Allparts neck.

J-bass maple neck, rosewood fingerboard, block binding, gloss finish + frets and nut.

Both cost the same.

JRF_B.jpg

Which one would be better?

Warmoth sounds alot better, because they explain how they make their necks and it sounds much better than the shite Fender are putting out these days.

Allparts dont say anything about their necks, they dont even say that they make them !

anyone played, dealt with both warmoth/allparts necks ?

Daryl, Allparts necks are made by Godin in Canada. :)

• Members

Daryl, Allparts necks are made by Godin in Canada.
:)

Ah ! cheers. jesus you keep popping up everywhere around here.

what way do they manufacture their bass necks ?

The warmoth necks sound pretty indestructible and reliable with the double truss rod and those 2 stiffening rods.

• Members

Haha yeah, I'm very bored today. We've got a problem with one of our servers in work and its slow so I'm just surfin' the net. :cool:

I've no idea how they manufacture their necks. Personally I'd go with Warmoth though. They are expensive though, check out the Showcase.

This one ain't bad, cheapest refinished J neck they have.

http://warmoth.com/showcase/sc_guitar_necks.cfm?type=bass&start=1&menuItem=1&itemNumber=BN1303&subMenuItem=4&subMenuItem2=0

BN1303a.jpg

BN1303b.jpg

• Members

Haha yeah, I'm very bored today. We've got a problem with one of our servers in work and its slow so I'm just surfin' the net.
:cool:

I've no idea how they manufacture their necks. Personally I'd go with Warmoth though. They are expensive though, check out the Showcase.

This one ain't bad, cheapest refinished J neck they have.

http://warmoth.com/showcase/sc_guitar_necks.cfm?type=bass&start=1&menuItem=1&itemNumber=BN1303&subMenuItem=4&subMenuItem2=0

BN1303a.jpg
BN1303b.jpg

lol,

i was gonna go for the cheapest warmoth neck, but i've decided f**k it, im gonna get a super fancy block binded neck like the one i posted. I've been gasing for a block bound neck for a few years now. This is my excuse to get one now. :D

• Members

An option most people don't consider is going with one of the more expensive Warmoth necks, but getting a wood that doesn't need to be finished.

On the front end, it looks more expensive than the maple, but it's cheaper over all since you need to get the maple finished. On top of all that, you get the silky speed of an unfinished neck. Win, win...

• Members

Warmoth makes a good product but when it comes to necks I'd opt for a USCG (US custom guitar) neck. Warmoth uses an overly large truss rod which can dampen vibration not to mention add unwanted weight. You can sometimes find bass necks at the bargain section not that the one you order won't be comprarable to Warmoth in cost.

• Members

Im gonna go with Warmoth for the neck.

they just seem the best out of them all with fantastic neck construction.

An option most people don't consider is going with one of the more expensive Warmoth necks, but getting a wood that doesn't need to be finished.

On the front end, it looks more expensive than the maple, but it's cheaper over all since you need to get the maple finished. On top of all that, you get the silky speed of an unfinished neck. Win, win...

Yea i was just looking at a Padouk neck with a rosewood fingerboard. Same tonal qualities as a Maple/rosewood neck but no worries about finishes (ie, the wood twisting) which is what im looking for ! Plus it will look cool, especially if i can get it block bound too. :D

Anyone got any ideas for a punchier sounding neck than Maple/Rosewood ?

I was thinking of Wenge/Pau Ferro or Ebony (fingerboard)

Any ideas ?

cheers

Archived