OT: 9/11

Thumper

• Members

I was a sophomore in high school. I was in the living room putting on my shoes and I had the news on. The first tower was on fire and the second plane had just hit. I honestly thought it was a movie trailer they were showing, but couldn't figure out why it was on the news. Then my dad comes rushing back into the house and tells me not to change the channel. He watches for a minute, says "{censored}" and storms out.

My friend Sarah picked me up and we began talking about it while listening to the news. My first class of the day was chemistry, and someone got a phone call from their parents saying the Pentagon was hit. I couldn't believe it.

During lunch I went home and watched the news. Came back to my creative writing class and we were watching it there, too. The school's principal and crew went around telling teachers to turn off the TVs. I tried getting ahold of my parents for a couple hours but no luck. When I did I found both were sent home for the rest of the day.

Then I went home and watched the news.

• Members

Blessings to those families who have lost loved ones and thank you to all the first responders. And my prayers also go out to those first responders who died the other day at the WTC site.

Bless all our American troops and God speed in killing or vaporizing all those islamists who mean us and our supporters in Europe harm.

• Members

I remember that morning more vividly than just about any other moment in my life so far. The days that followed were so sad. I was so angry, but at the same time it filled my heart with a pride in this country I never had known before.

RIP to those who died.

+number

I felt the same.

RIP to those who died, and good vibes always to their families.

:cry:

• Members

the news this morning was showing people at ground zero in one section of the screen and Osama in another. that seemed really {censored}ed up to me.

It pisses me off to think that it has been 6 years and they still haven't captured of killed that beard dying {censored}

• Members

the news this morning was showing people at ground zero in one section of the screen and Osama in another. that seemed really {censored}ed up to me.

It pisses me off to think that it has been 6 years and they still haven't captured of killed that beard dying {censored}

The last few days the vermin skunk ass islamist has been a media rock star.

They nauseat me with their shameless hysterical ranting; all are like a bunch of gossipy 12 year old girls.

• Members

I was flying from Columbus to KC that morning, via Chicago. My wife was in hysterics when I landed in KC and called in. They had just grounded all the rest of the flights, and I was lucky that my EIC (stuck in Cinci) and I had a car reserved for us. I caught the shuttle to the rental car place, and there was a guy on the shuttle who kept frantically dialing his cell phone. He said that his office was in WTC 7 and that he couldn't get anyone to answer the phone.

The next day, I sat between the two stadiums in KC, working on truck wiring, and seeing no airplanes from horizon to horizon.

Best wishes to the families.

• Members

A day of solemn remembrance....

And a moment of honest reflection about today's world...

I find some reason for hope in this report from The Hague...

Young Muslims begin dangerous fight for the right to abandon faith

A group of young Muslim apostates launches a campaign today, the anniversary of the 9/11 attacks on America, to make it easier to renounce Islam.

• Members

I was sitting in a cafe that morning giving travel advice to someone who was planning a trip to Morocco. I had just been there and was totally enchanted by it. We were on the subject of Islam when a buddy of our waiter came in and said that a plane flew into the WTC. I immediately thought rented Cessna, but then went home and stayed glued to the tube in horror.

I knew that this was likely the most important single day of history making in my life. This is our generation's Pearl Harbor or assassination of Archduke Ferdinand. I was right pissed and I still am. I'm pissed at the slaughter of innocents that day. I'm pissed that the Muslim kids I teach, kids who were babies and toddlers then, are growing up in a religion tainted and affected by medieval sub-morons like Mohammed Atta. It's a huge topic; too big for this.

If I were religious, I'd pray.

• Members

OK.

I offered this as a tribute and memorial. Some folks can't resist the temptation to derail it.

Sorry. Too many "Tributes" and "Memorials" and not enough true, gut emotion anymore.

Didn't mean to "ruin" your bass-forum 9/11 thread.

as for the guy who said "don't blame it all on just the president", I understand this.

But when his approval rating was about 80% after 9/11, he had potential.

Now it's like 26%. That's pretty insane.

• Moderators
as for the guy who said "don't blame it all on just the president", I understand this.

But when his approval rating was about 80% after 9/11, he had potential.

Now it's like 26%. That's pretty insane.

There's nothing insane about it. His Daddy had a 90% approval rating after Gulf I and lost the Presidency the following year. Americans overall have a very short memory.

Archived