One body

One family

One soul

One people

We are The Power of One.

We are United.

We are America.

• Members

I still say there are WAY too many unanswered questions...but I will not go into it here again.

If you want to know more, PM me.
:wave:

We've all read the garbage you've posted about it here, so thanks for not wasting any more bandwidth on it.

I always look forward to 9/11 because it brings out the kooks and whackjob conspiracy theorists. I like being distracted by all the shouting about Bush and Cheney and all that other bull{censored} that nobody has been able to prove.

This thread is going to turn into a conspiracy argument, but before it does, I'll just say that I'll never forget, and I'm still angry about it.

C7

• Members

I call copy right infringment on that title. Expect a call from Lars.

One

I cant remember anything

Cant tell if this is true or dream

Deep down inside I feel to scream

This terrible silence stops me

Now that the war is through with me

Im waking up I can not see

That there is not much left of me

Nothing is real but pain now

Hold my breath as I wish for death

Oh please god,wake me

Back in the womb its much too real

In pumps life that I must feel

But cant look forward to reveal

Look to the time when Ill live

Fed through the tube that sticks in me

Just like a wartime novelty

Tied to machines that make me be

Cut this life off from me

Hold my breath as I wish for death

Oh please god,wake me

Now the world is gone Im just one

Oh god,help me hold my breath as I wish for death

Oh please God help me

Darkness imprisoning me

All that I see

Absolute horror

I cannot live

I cannot die

Trapped in myself

Body my holding cell

Landmine has taken my sight

Taken my speech

Taken my hearing

Taken my arms

Taken my legs

Taken my soul

Left me with life in hell

• Members

I remember standing around a TV at work with everyone in the office and just thinking that the world as we knew it ended.

It makes me sad that my son will only know a world where something that heinous is not only a fear, but a reality.

We will never forgive, and we will never forget.

• Members

I'm more angered how the unity that was the United States on September 12th was one of the most beautiful things I've ever witnessed. It was an opportunity for great things to come from such a tragic occurrence.

But our pathetic, idiot, retarded, inbred, {censored}tard of a President went and screwed it all up.

Gah! People! GAH!

Anyways. I can't believe it's been six years. SIX! Jeeez.

• Members

I'm more angered how the unity that was the United States on September 12th was one of the most beautiful things I've ever witnessed. It was an opportunity for great things to come from such a tragic occurrence.

But our pathetic, idiot, retarded, inbred, {censored}tard of a President went and screwed it all up.

Gah! People! GAH!

I agree with the overall sentiment . . . although it seems to me . . . to blame everything on the President alone . . . its like blaming a single grain of sand on the desert being dry.

• Members

We've all read the garbage you've posted about it here, so thanks for not wasting any more bandwidth on it.

I always look forward to 9/11 because it brings out the kooks and whackjob conspiracy theorists. I like being distracted by all the shouting about Bush and Cheney and all that other bull{censored} that nobody has been able to prove.

This thread is going to turn into a conspiracy argument, but before it does, I'll just say that I'll never forget, and I'm still angry about it.

C7

It was Bush's fault!!!! :poke:

• CMS Author

I can remember feeling most of the emotions of someone experiencing trauma...fear, disbelief, anger, depression....all in the span of a few hours. I knew people who worked there, and not all were accounted for by the afternoon. But I held it together.

At least until they showed a girl maybe 6 years old holding a piece of paper with a picture of a man, and words written in child's print, "I'm looking for my Daddy".

• Members

I can't believe it's been that long either. I still remember watching the news as the North tower was smoldering. Katie Couric was yakking and speculating about what it was that had happened (they weren't 100% sure at that point), and there was a live shot of the two towers on the screen. I watched the live feed as the second plane crashed into the south tower. Katie Couric finished her sentence before she realized what had happened, then took a moment before she could react to what happened and resume the narration.

I went to my first class that morning (I was in undergrad at the U of MN) and the professor said we should keep going on with the thoughts of those people in our hearts. Classes were canceled for the rest of that day once the news about what had really happened had spread.

There's absolutely no excuse or justification to the cowardly murder of 3000 innocent people. I don't agree with everything our country has done since then, but I understand that Islamism is a global epidemic that needs to be taken care of.

• Members

Gah! People! GAH!

put down the bong :freak:

• Moderators

Other than reflecting upon my own person feelings and remembrance of the issue, let me just send some mojo to the families and close friends of people who lost a loved one on 9/11. I'm sure there are people on this board the terrorist attack personally effected. A prayer for inner peace and good vibes sent your way today from me.

• Members

I remember going to class that morning, and the rumours were swirling around. Our prof came in and filled us in on what had happened, then sent us home. As I walked out into a beautiful September morning, I looked south towards DC, and saw the smoke plume from the Pentagon. And I heard the silence of the skies being empty over Baltimore. I went home, caught up on the news, and packed my gear. I was pissed when my team took off without me, but I was just out of basic. So I waited for a year, then got to work for CENTCOM the next fall, just in time for Iraq.

Regardless of your leanings, please take a moment to remember the fallen of 9/11, and the fallen of the years since then, from Afghanistan, Iraq, and elsewhere.

• Members

RIP to those who lost their lives in senseless act of violence. Condolences to the families and the loved ones.

I remember sitting at work, checking my email. And, my boss Dennis tells me one of the towers has been hit. I didn't believe it at first. Minutes later, everybody was gathered at the cafeteria watching TVs, and feeling fear and hate. Sad day.

• Members

I'll never forget, and I'm still angry about it. And I'm not even a US citizen. I'm just an average guy in the street, and I'm angry because 9/11 was an attack against the average guy in the street.

Here's a thought; let's keep political and conspiracy stuff out of this thread and just have it as a place for respect and remembrance.

I was chatting on IRC. It was early afternoon, and some guy popped into the channel spouting stuff about a plane crashing into a building in New York. I was like 'yeah, whatever' and turned the TV on. First image was that of one of the WTC towers with a massive hole and smoke pouring out. This was before the second plane hit.

The rest of the day was spent in numb shock.

• Members

I remember that morning more vividly than just about any other moment in my life so far. The days that followed were so sad. I was so angry, but at the same time it filled my heart with a pride in this country I never had known before.

RIP to those who died.

+a billion

Could not have said it better myself.

Archived