Markbass classic 300 - with little glass bottles

i_wanna_les_paul

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Cool! We have a Markbass guy here!
:wave:

Yeah, hey everyone! :)

Sorry I don't spend a lot of time here, but maybe I should a bit more!

I'm familiar with forum etiquette and will not attempt to "market" our products to anyone here.

But if anyone has questions, I'll do my best to answer them!

Cheers,

Peter

• Moderators

Yeah, hey everyone!
:)
Sorry I don't spend a lot of time here, but maybe I should a bit more!

I'm familiar with forum etiquette and will not attempt to "market" our products to anyone here.

But if anyone has questions, I'll do my best to answer them!

Cheers,

Peter

I really like the EQ points that were chosen for that amp. :thu:

Can you explain why it is you list output specs for 2, 4 and 8 ohms when it looks like the transformer is only optimized for 2 or 4 ohm operation? Is there something different going on in the output section that distinguishes it from other tube amps and makes it "safer" to use a suboptimal impedance match?

• Members

I really like the EQ points that were chosen for that amp.
:thu:

Can you explain why it is you list output specs for 2, 4 and 8 ohms when it looks like the transformer is only optimized for 2 or 4 ohm operation? Is there something different going on in the output section that distinguishes it from other tube amps and makes it "safer" to use a suboptimal impedance match?

I don't have the answer for that but I've passed it on to our engineers and will get back to you.

Cheers,

Peter

• Members

To wager a guess, the auto-bias is prolly to influence someone who is tube-shy due to having to rely on a tech. you take out that variable and a
potential
tube buyer becomes a
likely
tube buyer

Thats what I liked about the Mesa;fixed bias. I would call up lordvalve and say I had a mesa and he'd bias the tubes and burn em in.

Dan

• Moderators

I don't have the answer for that but I've passed it on to our engineers and will get back to you.

Cheers,

Peter

Thanks. It is a question based solely on intellectual curiosity, so it is really nice of you to be able to track down an answer for me.

It is great to have representatives from so many respectable companies on this forum.

Archived