Anyone going to Bass Player Live 07'???

guitargod0dmw

• Members

I had a blast last year, but it was slap/pop all the way. The only problem I had was the volume level. Sweet gear though. Not too much room for a basic Motown-style player to be able to hear him/herself. If you go, sign up for the workshops early!

You must have went to different clinics than I. Billy Sheehan & Dave Ellefson certainly weren't doing any slap & pop...

• Members

You must have went to different clinics than I. Billy Sheehan & Dave Ellefson certainly weren't doing any slap & pop...

no, not in the clinics, but in the room(s) in general where the vendors and innovators were hawking their wares. I thought my head was gonna pop off when I got off the elevator.

• Members

no, not in the clinics, but in the room(s) in general where the vendors and innovators were hawking their wares. I thought my head was gonna pop off when I got off the elevator.

Yeah...it was pretty loud! I didn't really even play anything...I didn't want to add to the mess. There honestly wasn't too much that I really wanted to play anyways. Most of the stuff they had you can find at GC...except for a couple of boutique guys...

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Ok...so I went yesterday, but I wasn't going today.It was a heckuva lot of fun! We went to see:

Dave Ellefson (awesome as always)

Wojtek Pilichowski (very kickass slap clinic...doesn't speak any english though)

Doug Wimbish (TONS of effects, and he uses all of them...in every song)

We also went to the concert, but ened up having to bail a little early. Matt Garrison opened up, he was really good...but it was boring. Then they gave out Tony Levin's lifetime achievement award, but he played with the TLB. Then Lee Sklar's award...but he didn't play. Then Meshell Ndegeocello's band played. They were good, just not exactly my kind of music. We had to leave at this point...right before the All-Star Bass Jam. :(

Here are some pics of the event...

IMG_1412.jpg

IMG_1413.jpg

IMG_1415.jpg

IMG_1419.jpg

IMG_1422.jpg

IMG_1429.jpg

IMG_1432.jpg

IMG_1431.jpg

Archived