i play seven string bass

Bassius

• Members

No way I could justify that kinda $$$ outlay. I'll live with the GT7.

I will be rocking the Buddha signature when I can get my hands on one.

But I will, for a brief moment, envy you just a tiny bit. In any event, the Conklins are awesome! They play far more easily than I would have imagined with all those strings.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No way I could justify that kinda $$$ outlay. I'll live with the GT7.

But I will, for a brief moment, envy you just a tiny bit. In any event, the Conklins are awesome! They play far more easily than I would have imagined with all those strings.

Well I am dreaming here-

is the price gap that big? If so, I'll stick w/ the Sidewinder!

• Members

I had the privledge of playing on John Jordan's (Chris Duarte) 7 string Conklin after a show one night......absolutely the easiest playing bass I ever played. But he paid upwards of 5 grand for it so I won't be getting one like his any time soon.

• Members

Doubtful.

Gotta have big hands to rock that slick puppy!
:thu:

I doubt that's true. I saw on YouTube a video of a dude playing a 10 string bass- I think it was the original Super Mario Bros. theme song.(I'll try and find the link) Once you get into the 7+ basses range (12 string Hamer doesn't count), the approach is very different imo. For one, to get the most out of these "super basses" you have to use all your right hand fingers and thumb.

At least that's what I've noticed the few times I've seen them played.

And then there's the chapman stick...

• Members

I doubt that's true. I saw on YouTube a video of a dude playing a 10 string bass- I think it was the original Super Mario Bros. theme song.(I'll try and find the link) Once you get into the 7+ basses range (12 string Hamer doesn't count), the approach is very different imo. For one, to get the most out of these "super basses" you have to use all your right hand fingers and thumb.

I do not tap AT ALL... nor do I know any video game tunes.

This is what I do with mine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YLAxRzyPpc

sunburstbasser: hell yeah, 34" scale, 19mm @ bridge, Delano pickup are not negotiable for me in a bass :thu:

• Members

That's Jean, and his ability goes way beyond video game theme two-handed tapping. You should check out his solo stuff. It's simply unreal. Not sure if his CD is out yet, but Yves Carbonne and Stew MacKenzie are also exceptional ERB players that no legitimate bassist should overlook.

Archived