Gig Report- the drunkest I have ever played :D

Bob O'Brian

• Members

I was asked if I could provide entertainment for a friend's birthday party so I roped the band into coming; venue was an old convernted schoolhouse on the West side of the Isle of Lewis, a long long way from pretty much anywhere. It's a very funky place, and the old classroom, whilst not a very big room, has enormous high ceilings and wooden panelling, leather sofas etc... the acoustics were excellent! :thu:

You can see the place here:

http://www.lochcroistean.com/

Anyway since we were playing for booze, we made sure we got our fare share of the drink, which was handy because I was initially very nervous about this gig- the room was filled with some of my closest friends, which feels very different to playing to 100 drunken strangers like I do most weekends. I was also worried that in such a small place a full band would be way too much and the party would end up drifting to an adjacent room.

In the end, though, it worked out really really well, with everybody dancing the night away. We played pretty well (IMHO) and it was a great change from our normal gigs- no pressure, just having a good time.

I didn't realise quite how drunk I'd got until I nearly fell over during Whiskey in the Jar :p

Good times....

• Members

In the end, though, it worked out really really well, with everybody dancing the night away. We played pretty well (IMHO) and it was a great change from our normal gigs- no pressure, just having a good time.Good times....

"with everybody dancing the night away"

You rocked!!!!

That is what it is all aboot!

If the girls are dancing, you have won.:thu::thu::thu:

• Members

I was drunk enough on free bar grog to fall backwards over my own rig. Nothing broke, except my ability to play, so they put me really low in the mix and basically switched my amp off. It was the guitarist and singer's fault for getting me really drunk on my last gig with them.

Not wise, but nobody got hurt and the audience loved it!

Archived