Headset Microphones: Recommendations

DevilRaysFan

• Members

Well, as band #1 continues to work and the new electronica/techno/industrial band #2 goes into woodshed mode (actually, cybernetics lab mode :D), I am finding myself in need of a headset mic.. with both hands full of keyboards and, especially with band #2, multi-tasking a Roland MC-303. I know nothing about headset mics...Help?

• Members

I have used the earlier version of Shure's condensor headset microphone, the WH30. I found it to have a very good sound, but it's black and very obvious. I didn't have any problems with feedback, even when I'd go out in front of the stage in the audience. The windscreen frequently came off, and is therefore easy to lose. Perhaps one of the AT thin mics that are biege is the way to go now. Nearly invisible on a caucasian. And I see them on musical performers as well as speakers all the time. But it seems they are all wired for wireless transmittes, unless you get the unterminated version and put on your own XLR male connector. Since you're stationary, you just need the wired version of whatever you get, so there's some savings.

Shure WH30XLR 179.99

AT ProHEx 69.95

AT ATM75 149.95

AKG C420 219.99

...just a few examples

Archived