September '07 Bass Player Mag

Super Bass

• Members

Same Jaco stories re-hashed. Pretty blah. They do him like Claypool- same interview, same stuff, just use the words differently but it's all the same. I love Les, but even his stuff gets tired after a while. Like Guitard World and the obligatory every 3-6 month Hendrix cover.

The 3x mini amp shootout was good though.

I'm just sad GW Bass Guitar Mag is gone- now that was some good stuff!

• Members

Its gone???? WTF? I've been buying it since it came out. haven't missed one yet??? when did this happen??

Like 2 months ago. Sucks. Started sending Guitard World for the remainder of my subscription. I was tempted to send them back, but Zakk Wylde was on the cover twice in those 4 months so I was happy! :D

• Members

hmmm....that sucks. well the last one was kinda crap, it had Pete Wentz on the cover.....
:freak:

I guess its over to Bass Player now. There's a UK bass mag too but that sucks.

Yeah they were definitely aimed at the bass players in the bands of the guys who read G.W., but still had some good stuff.

• Members

Jaco's not gonna have a lot of new tales to tell, but it's nice to see a nod for the anniversary of his death 20 years ago. I'm outside of BP's target demographic now, so there's not much to interest me anymore. www.bassplayer.tv is cool, though.

This thing shows some promise:

http://www.bass-musician-magazine.com/

• Members

Jaco's not gonna have a lot of new tales to tell, but it's nice to see a nod for the anniversary of his death 20 years ago. I'm outside of BP's target demographic now, so there's not much to interest me anymore.
www.bassplayer.tv
is cool, though.

This thing shows some promise:

http://www.bass-musician-magazine.com/

Did you fill out that survey? If you do you get a FREE 4 string MM Stingray.

Archived