My truck was broken into yet again

Crescent Seven

• Members

Last Saturday someone slim-jimmed my Pathfinder and took a hat, 2 walkie talkies, a defunct Mastercard, and my safety glasses. Cops found the Mastercard in an apartment of a suspect they were trying to apprehend, and I got that back, but none of the other stuff. So I figured no big deal, they didn't get anything valuable.

I'm never so lucky, though.

Tonight I was supposed to go to my dad's house to photograph some items he's putting on eBay, and I asked my wife where the digital camera is.

"It should be in your glovebox, where I left it after camping."

:mad:

There's $400 down the drain. I'm going to add it to the police report, maybe they recovered it, who knows.

I'm going to start baiting these pricks by leaving my car door open, and kick back on my porch behind my fence waiting for them to come along, then beat them senseless with a crow bar. I grew up in this hood and it's taken a serious {censored} over the last 5 years or so. It doesn't help that my truck is 2nd from the end of a row of about 60 cars; an opportunist's dream. And I'm 3 blocks off Colfax Ave, the main east-west drag in the Denver metro.

{censored}!

C7

• Members

Didn't you have a couple of illegals break into your truck last time?

Yup, 3 of them, at noon on a Sunday in front of 15 {censored}ing witnesses. The license plate on their stolen Blazer had been stolen off a beverage truck the previous night. They broke out both lock cylinders and then a window to gain entry, at least this prick was nice enough to spare my window.

This time, the cops were able to show me a picture of the guy that had the loot at his pad, he's a white guy that's very obviously a meth addict. I've seen him around, you can't miss him, the whole right side of his face is caved in from having a tumor removed. Apparently he's still at-large, but he won't be if I see him on my block.

I don't own a gun right now, but I'm really starting to want one. Linus can only fight one Mexican at a time, and Amanda is home alone some nights until late.

C7

• Members

that's a shame, We were broken into a few months back, the alrm went off so the f*ckers just broke our window and ran, friggin' pussies... I think there should be a lawthat lets you sack the bastages that do this sort of ignorant sh*t.

I can't set the alarm on my truck because the indicator switch for the tailgate occasionally decides to indicate "open", when it's closed, so my alarm will go off at random. Usually between the hours of 2 and 5 am.:rolleyes:

There's also a 15 second delay, which apparently is just enough time to steal the faceplate off a stereo.:mad:

One day, one of them will get caught slippin', and I'm going to {censored}ing waylay him. I asked the cops what the rules were for beating someone that's stealing your {censored} with a baseball bat, and he had 4 words: "Not in the head."

Fine by me, it just means he'll feel every lick.:D

C7

• Members

I can't set the alarm on my truck because the indicator switch for the tailgate occasionally decides to indicate "open", when it's closed, so my alarm will go off at random. Usually between the hours of 2 and 5 am.
:rolleyes:
There's also a 15 second delay, which apparently is just enough time to steal the faceplate off a stereo.
One day, one of them will get caught slippin', and I'm going to {censored}ing waylay him. I asked the cops what the rules were for beating someone that's stealing your {censored} with a baseball bat, and he had 4 words: "Not in the head."

Fine by me, it just means he'll feel every lick.
:D
C7

My Lord C7, don't you know that "violence completes the partial mind"?

Let it go...find your center...be loving towards everyone and everything.

And for Chrissakes, don't leave {censored} in your truck!!

• Members

This is what gets me. . . everytime. It really pisses me off more than anything. My car was broken into a while back and my iPod, briefcase, passport, and external HD were all stolen. Fortunately nothing came from the passport being stolen (no identity theft or anything) and there was nothing important on my HD.

But what pissed me off almost as much as having my stuff stolen was when people would say "You really can't leave stuff in your car". What the {censored}! How about we blame the victim some, huh? It wasn't my fault, and here it isn't C7s fault. Someone else decided to break into the car. They are solely to blame. I have integrity. I would never take something from someone's car. I expect the same from my fellow man. Certainly they will let me down sometimes, but that is not my fault, its theirs.

disclaimer. this isn't directed specifically at you, lyricpoet, I just grabbed the closest snippet available.

• Members

disclaimer. this isn't directed specifically at you, lyricpoet, I just grabbed the closest snippet available.

No worries- The gap between the haves and have nots gets wider every day. I wonder how many do it out of financial desperation and those who really don't give a {censored} about anybody.

Upon the latter may violence by others severely restrict their ability to do further injustice.

• Members

My Lord C7, don't you know that "violence completes the partial mind"?

Let it go...find your center...be loving towards everyone and everything.

Go {censored} yourself, if you want to call me stupid just do it. Don't you know that smug, condescending comments complete the partial douchebag?

I don't have to love anyone that {censored}s with me, I don't operate like that. I used to be a forgiving person and I realized that I don't like being a doormat. If I catch someone stealing from me I'm going to injure them physically, and hopefully psychologically and emotionally as well, and I don't have any remorse for the things I've done in the past related to stuff like this, either. You can call me hateful or whatever, but since you don't know me you wouldn't really know what I am, right? I hate people that steal my {censored}. I want them to {censored}ing die.

You're right, I shouldn't leave {censored} in my truck, and if I had known the camera was in the glove box I would have taken it out, but I didn't put it there. I certainly don't leave music equipment in there overnight. Up until I discovered the camera missing, the net value of all the items stolen was a whopping $60. Even so, I don't put a dollar value on someone if they're digging around in my truck, I'll {censored} them up over the change in my ashtray, because god dammit, it's my change, not theirs.

C7

• Members

Ya know C7, when you've posted your rants about kicking ass in the past, privately I've just rolled my eyes and continued my day. I have to say though that I'm totally with you on this. I believe you should get some baseball bat justice on these {censored}s.

Go get 'em.

If I catch them, I will.

For the record, I'm not this ball of aggression out looking to kick ass, but if I get the chance and a fistful of reasons, I'll take it.:D

I've had my ass beat WAY more times than I've kicked ass, also.:D

C7

• Members

I would never take something from someone's car. I expect the same from my fellow man.

that right there is a problem. The world is full of assholes, don't expect {censored} from the assholes you don't know.

There are a lot of bad people out there that would be happy to loot your bloated corpse before they call the meat wagon.

I agree it sucks you can't leave anything in your car, but in this day and age, you are just asking for someone to take advantage of your trust.

• Members

No worries- The gap between the haves and have nots gets wider every day. I wonder how many do it out of financial desperation and those who really don't give a {censored} about anybody.

Honestly, if you're so financially desperate because you can't feed your kids or whatever that you have to break into my truck and steal something, you might as well just ask me for some cash. I'll probably say no because I don't have enough of it myself, but I won't hate you for it. I refuse to forgive someone for stealing from me; once you've taken it to that point, I don't care why you did it.

The guy that took my camera likely traded it for meth. The detective showed me his mugshot, there's no way he's not a tweaker.

C7

• Members

This is what gets me. . . everytime. It really pisses me off more than anything. My car was broken into a while back and my iPod, briefcase, passport, and external HD were all stolen. Fortunately nothing came from the passport being stolen (no identity theft or anything) and there was nothing important on my HD.

But what pissed me off almost as much as having my stuff stolen was when people would say "You really can't leave stuff in your car". What the {censored}! How about we blame the victim some, huh? It wasn't my fault, and here it isn't C7s fault. Someone else decided to break into the car. They are solely to blame. I have integrity. I would never take something from someone's car. I expect the same from my fellow man. Certainly they will let me down sometimes, but that is not my fault, its theirs.

I don't want to be an asshole, but when I read that post I was thinking "wow, I can't believe that guy left all that stuff in his car!"

If you told me in person about it I'd be sympathetic though. It seems pretty rude to kick someone when they're down and venting.

• Members

I'm feeling ya', brother.....back some time ago I owned a VW Sirocco and it didn't take me long to find out that it was known to be one of the easiest cars to break into....all you had to do is pop the vent window out....took 5 seconds to get into the car and completely noiseless....:freak:

anyway, after the 3rd stereo got stolen I just gave up and didn't replace it....

really makes you angry....I got angry just typing this out....which is sad....but I'm just saying I totally understand how you feel....and if you can catch somebody in the act, they deserve a little street justice for their trouble...{censored}ers...

If you need food for your family, there are countless agencies in the Denver area where you can get fed for free...they're all over the place. There's really no excuse for it....

{censored}ers...:mad:

• Moderators

If someone asks me for some change or cash, they generally get it because if you are desperate enough to have to ask me, you need it more than I do. However, stealing one {censored}ing cent from me is unforgivable. May your crowbar bring you vengence C7.

• Members

If someone asks me for some change or cash, they generally get it because if you are desperate enough to have to ask me, you need it more than I do. However, stealing one {censored}ing cent from me is unforgivable. May your crowbar bring you vengence C7.

Yo man, spare a 20?:D

I'd love some vengeance, but honestly, if I see this guy just walking down the block, I'll call the cops and hope I get some restitution money when it's all said and done. However, if I come outside and he's breaking into my neighbor's car, I'll attack him.

I'm not under any kind of illusion that I can "take back my neighborhood" because the problems in my hood don't live in my hood, they come up from west Denver and break into cars here because people here have nice things to steal, and then they drive 5 minutes back to their {censored}ty neighborhood that they've picked clean, and sell my {censored} to the people whose {censored} they stole last year. Sucks.

C7

• Members

I don't want to be an asshole, but when I read that post I was thinking "wow, I can't believe that guy left all that stuff in his car!"

If you told me in person about it I'd be sympathetic though. It seems pretty rude to kick someone when they're down and venting.

Well, I left out some details, like my car was in my locked garage and I had originally left things in there because I thought I had to leave for band practice about an hour later. I got a call cancelling practice an just forgot to go down and grab my stuff. Usually I don't leave things in my car.

Though, I still feel like the attitude of "If I don't leave this in my car, it won't get broken into" isn't all that far from "If I never leave my house, I'll never get hurt". I'm simply not willing to live in fear, whether it be a greater fear (oh no the terrorists) or something smaller . . . like someone breaking into my car if I'm not careful.

• Members

Though, I still feel like the attitude of "If I don't leave this in my car, it won't get broken into" isn't all that far from "If I never leave my house, I'll never get hurt". I'm simply not willing to live in fear, whether it be a greater fear (oh no the terrorists) or something smaller . . . like someone breaking into my car if I'm not careful.

I don't think keeping valuables out of your car when you aren't in it is really the same as staying in your house for fear of getting hurt.

I had a roommate who bought a really nice chop saw. He left it out on our porch. A few weeks later it vanished. In a situation like that I guess I really just blame the victim.

Sucks about your car though. If my stuff was in a locked garage I'd feel pretty secure.

• Members

Ouch! That sucks man.

I think the 'bait them and lie in wait' option would be a good one. You are legally allowed to defend your property against break-ins, correct? Your truck is your property.

I think you might actually have legal grounds to do that.

Bang the meth-heads.

Archived