i need some ideas for a research paper

jonathan_matos5

• Members
("drug abuse and associated violence continues to rise: therapeutic programs my business will support include..."). (That's where your general ed. comes in.)
Remember your backers want to know the venture will succeed!

And then you also need to gain a specific skill in one of the arts (i.e. music) or sciences (i.e. electronics), depending on your main product or service.

Ideally
:lol:
, you can get all that in a 72-unit Associate's Degree:

Major: (music, electronics, physics, etc.), 10 core classes = 30 units.

Behavioral science mastery: 8 core classes (really oversample the min. req.'s) plus 2 Bus classes =30 units.

Math, writing, P.E., and anything else not covered by your major classes= 12 units.

In reality, prepare to study at three schools, ending up with a BA/BS, to get all of those classes. Why? The human nature of incompetence and greed. While the course list above is what EVERY certified, liberal college should offer, prepare to find about 30% of what you need at any given school, and thus the need to take a bunch of "extra" courses to be able to transfer to the next school (which keeps the loan companies fat and content).

It sounds daunting, but it can be done.
:thu:

• Members

A business plan is a good place to use your Division & Classification skills from freshman comp 1. (Unless you have a lot of relevant work experience, in which case you can save the reader time with a short resume instead. :)):

....His citing of logical fallacies are technically correct, but very much out-of-place in a friendly argument....But all he really wants is an itemized expense list for a business plan, I think. And it would look something like this:

My band's sound has been given thorough thought. We believe it's the best possible set-up, pending further investment, for several reasons. The first reason involves my guitar sound:

Guitar-EQ Option, Pros

(courtesy of Chumly)

I. Don't need to learn electronics which

A. if you weren't raised in a blue-collar environment (learned from parent/friends, etc.) you'll need to spend at least a $300 in a tech-school/$500 in a community college just to learn the basics of

1. caps, resistors, grounding, power, and soldering

a. which in turn vary by effect-type, and involve further knowledge of opamps, impedance buffers

1) and (gasp!) sometimes even digital tech.

II. I get lots of tonal options with a Boss Eq before
and
after my distortion effect

A. the $200 I spent on the two eq's is twice what a tone-mod would cost (factoring-in shipping), but about the same if you consider I'm not risking losing my pedal in the mail, etc.

1. I can hit the 3 Boss pedals on/off at once--tricky, but not too difficult

a. Boss eq's are notorious for noise when the output is boosted, but I don't boost the output

Guitar-EQ Option, Cons
(courtesy of LordOVChaoS)

I. There is a lot more to modding pedals than this guy seems to think and the results are far greater than what an EQ pedal can do.

A. Can you switch your od to have several diode configurations with a GE7? IMO the clipping makes more of a difference than nearly any other mod you can do to a pedal.

B. I haven't found an EQ that can switch between germaniums, 1N4001, etc... nor can it go between asymmetrical and symmetrical clipping which again is a huge difference. Asymmetrical clipping can add so much to your tone! It makes it fuller and adds lots of second order harmonics making your tone more complex and 3D sounding.

C. A graphic EQ also doesn't give you the option of a low or high pass filter but those cheap, useless cap changes can. Most cap changes don't boost or cut a frequency, it lets higher or lower frequencies through which, again, an EQ can't do this.

D. I've also never found an EQ pedal that can change the output impedance of the circuit in my pedal! That's essentially what any given TS808 mod does, does your GE-7 do that?

E. The last EQ pedal I tried couldn't switch out my opamps either....

II. I mod pedals, not for a living but a small second source of income. I don't charge ridiculous amounts of money for it, I think my prices are very fair. There's a lot of money involved in getting started, I just put in a $100 parts order the day before yesterday. Yes, this will do A LOT of pedals but I've been getting very busy and want to experiment with a few new pedals. I'm not sure what I want to do with them so I study the circuit, find some things I think I may sound good, and buy 3-5 parts for each component for experimenting. I may never use several of the parts I buy for experiments. I understand schematics and don't mod a single pedal I don't have a schematic for.

A. When you find an EQ that can do all this AND true bypass my pedal rather than degrade my tone from going through so many switching circuits then we'll talk!

Summary of Guitar Sound

My currrent eq set-up will work for touring. But I should invest at least a $100 or so in a modded distortion pedal to see what all the fuss is about, especially before my band records. $100 is chump change if I don't like the modded pedal, and it might open new sound-vistas for me.

• Members

Just remember that it being a research paper, it should be used to prove a point, not just spout facts or opinion. Make sure to come up with a strong thesis and build the paper around that.

For example, instead of just doing a biography of Leo Fender, write a paper that argues how his inventions were critical in revolutionizing music in the 20th century.

• Members

Just remember that it being a research paper, it should be used to prove a point, not just spout facts or opinion. Make sure to come up with a strong thesis and build the paper around that.

For example, instead of just doing a biography of Leo Fender, write a paper that argues how his inventions were critical in revolutionizing music in the 20th century.

That's more of an argument/persuasive paper. Research papers are objective and should just state facts.

Think of it like a episode on History Channel. It's informative, not opinionated.

• Members

That's more of an argument/persuasive paper. Research papers are objective and should just state facts.

Think of it like a episode on History Channel. It's informative, not opinionated.

Er...no. Most good research doesn't just state outcomes, it tackles explanations. At least in the social sciences.

And identifying explanations often results in posing arguments about which explanation is best. :)

P.S. The History Channel will often give you a load of explanations and tends to favor one over others in a given show. How well they explore the data, or cover competing arguments is, well, greatly varied...

Archived