Here's pics of the Cuban mahogany for the new bass build...

Greg Bogoshian

• Members

Remember when I posted the CAD concept of the CamelBack chambered bass guitar in planning?

Here are pics of the mahogany (5/4x16x24") from the vendor... :-) Picture that with highly figured purpleheart top and purpleheart rear access panel with a bubinga neck with purpleheart lamination stripes and an ebony fingerboard with a wood gecko inlay on the fingerboard... Mmmmmm!!!!! That will be the Dromedary CamelBack Bass (or other suitable name yet TBD)...!!!!!!!!!

Cuban_Mahog_Crotch_Side-1s.JPG

Cuban_Mahog_Crotch_Side-2s.JPG

Boggs

• Members

Just out of curiosity...why a gecko inlay? This is a Camel bass...not a Gecko bass...

The neck she wants for it is a Warmoth Gecko bass neck and that is how they come. They look quite cool though. It is a 35" scale 5-string and options for that with a narrower heel are pretty limited. I'll have to try and figure out how to incorporate it into the bass name for that model. You are very correct, sir! ;)

• Members

The neck she wants for it is a Warmoth Gecko bass neck and that is how they come. They look quite cool though. It is a 35" scale 5-string and options for that with a narrower heel are pretty limited. I'll have to try and figure out how to incorporate it into the bass name for that model. You are very correct, sir!
;)

Ahh! I thought you were building a neck from scratch. I was going to suggest buying one from Warmoth...because of the aforementioned Gecko inlay.

They are nice looking necks. I've never played one though...

You could call it a Gamel, or a Cecko...just sayin' :thu:

Archived