The Jena Six

burdizzos

• Members

The state of Louisiana is just too much trouble on so many levels. I think the whole thing should be paved over and turned into the world's biggest skate park.

Yep.

there is definitely wrong on all sides in this incident. Plenty of blame to go around. Very conflicting stories as well. I'm sure the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

I think they should lock the whole bunch of them (with Jesse and Al too boot) on both sides of this stupid situation in the biggest building in town and light it on fire.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Let me start off by saying, "ALL" High School kids have their own groups and areas of...yes, the school grounds where they (the groups) assemble to be with their peers; be it: Jocks, Nerds, Chessclub, Cheerleaders, Band, Hispanic, Asians, White, Black or Future Farmers of America. Now we all know what kind of {censored}storm you start when you invade their space, some will move farther away and some will run the invader off...common school/playground ethics. So these whites had this tree picked out that by all accounts is where white students sat for lunch daily, whether they were some form of secondary group, like say Math Club, Lacrosse, or even FFA; who knows? maybe they were just white kids strictly and that was their hangout. Now these Black kids went and got some form of permission from the Principal to sit under this tree, hench the Nooses the next day or when.

So these Black students with forethought knew exactly what they were about to start, as exampled by their asking for permission. So who started this whole mess? Before you answer......everyone has bitten off far more than they ever dreamt. It amounted to and still does, as an exercise in futility for no good reason except to spread hate...started by who?

You're right!

If the black kids would just accept that keeping to their own kind is for the common good, then there never would have been any racial tension in the first place.

There ought to be a law to enforce people of different backgrounds to keep away from each other.

• Members
You're right!

If the black kids would just accept that keeping to their own kind is for the common good, then there never would have been any racial tension in the first place.

There ought to be a law to enforce people of different backgrounds to keep away from each other.

Easy there Governor Wallace. :D

• Members

If not, they dont' know you too well.....................
;)

There are probably ten n00bs on this board who each think that I am a democrat, a republican, a christian, an agnostic, a libertarian, a racist, a cattleman, a enviro-nut, a war supporter and an asshole.

Three of them are right.

• Members
There are probably ten n00bs on this board who each think that I am a democrat, a republican, a christian, an agnostic, a libertarian, a racist, a cattleman, a enviro-nut, a war supporter and an asshole.

Three of them are right.

Those would be the three that think you're an asshole then. :D

• Moderators

Three of them are right.

Ha! You had me fooled for a while, but I just knew you were one of those tree hugging, Christian war supporters.

• Members

I think it's a pretty easy one if you look at just the assault by the Jena six. They should've been expelled from school and charged with assault (to a severe degree, depending on the laws in the state). Attempted murder is too far, and I don't know how in the heck they could prove that to a jury.

I am vehemently against Hate Crime laws. An assault is an assault, no matter whether you did it because the victim was queer, black, white, or just a douchebag.

Those protesters need to get back on their buses and get the heck out of town. Hopefully they could run over Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson on their way out of the parking lot. I really, really hope they don't riot.

• Members

You're right!

theres plenty of truth in that remark

• Members

Just a couple of points:

Yes, three were football players. They were treated no differently.

Yes, the government school principal recommend expulsion, but was overturned by the local school board. Can't really blame the school here.

No, it was not a "gang" fight - it started as a 6-on-1 fight and ended that way. When the kid was unconscious, the fight did not stop. He was kicked repeated in the head and stomped repeatedly while unconscious.

"Hate crime" seems to be a good term to use until you apply it to whites. It seems to be reserved for blacks only for some reason. Of course, the Clinton administration helped prove that "hate crimes" apply mostly to blacks who set fire to black churches and allowed everyone to think that hateful whites had burned it down. (Find that one in Wikipedia! Little press was given to that.) In my honest opinion, this should be a "hate crime," but it will never be billed as one. Six on one is just hateful. :rolleyes:

Let the justice system work. The original chares have been lessened in most cases, as per the justice system, from 2nd degree attempted murder to aggrevated assault. The system is working. Leave it alone. Only one of the defendants has been to trial so far.

We (
I noticed no "arm bands" at school today in support. Most of the kids here know that they don't have all the facts and did not offer support either way. I know that all the facts are not yet public, and they never will be.

• Members

The charges were lowered after these kids spent months in jail on excessive bail that was based on the severity of the initial charge.

That is worthy of protest.

The fact that Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are involved only hurts the cause. As Catphish stated, where the hell were those assholes when these kids were unable to post bail?

• Members
Just a couple of points:

Yes, three were football players. They were treated no differently.

Yes, the government school principal recommend expulsion, but was overturned by the local school board. Can't really blame the school here.

No, it was not a "gang" fight - it started as a 6-on-1 fight and ended that way. When the kid was unconscious, the fight did not stop. He was kicked repeated in the head and stomped repeatedly while unconscious.

"Hate crime" seems to be a good term to use until you apply it to whites. It seems to be reserved for blacks only for some reason. Of course, the Clinton administration helped prove that "hate crimes" apply mostly to blacks who set fire to black churches and allowed everyone to think that hateful whites had burned it down. (Find that one in Wikipedia! Little press was given to that.) In my honest opinion, this should be a "hate crime," but it will never be billed as one. Six on one is just hateful.
:rolleyes:

Let the justice system work. The original chares have been lessened in most cases, as per the justice system, from 2nd degree attempted murder to aggrevated assault. The system is working. Leave it alone. Only one of the defendants has been to trial so far.

We (

I noticed no "arm bands" at school today in support. Most of the kids here know that they don't have all the facts and did not offer support either way. I know that all the facts are not yet public, and they never will be.

Just watch. Things will change dramatically when Al and Jesse get to town. The NEW and IMPROVED sheriffs. :rolleyes:

_40967298_parks8.jpg

Truth be damned.

• Members

but theres still an element of truth to it:evil:

No, there isn't.

I've spent a lot of time working in heavily diversified(I {censored}ing hate that term) environments and what I've learned is this:

Intelligent people can work together and have a great time in the process. Idiots will use whatever is at their disposal to be pissed off about something.

Archived