OT: Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares!

Funkee1

• Members

Did anybody watch??? I have seen the BBC version a couple of times, but the debut of the Fox version was on last night. Checked it out, and............... I give it about 6 airings before cancellation.

Ramsay is an amusing blowhard, and it's fun to see him torture people, but the "fixing" of the restaraunt seemed staged (yeah....... i know..... a reality show staged? say it ain't so BG!!)

Still, watching him take down that Goodfella wanabe was cool!

anyone else wanna chme in?

• Members

He bought them a whole new kitchen. I think I could turn a plce around with a budget like that. The douche Goodfella guy was a walking "Kids, don't do steroids" advertisment, though.
:D

Y'know what I'm sayin??? If that wasn't "roid rage" than I don't know what it was!

• Members

I think next weeks episode will be much better. I have a feeling that Ramsay didn't totally blow that goomba out of the water because the guy was like 7 ft tall and had a gigantic chip on his shoulder.

Political Correctness Officer on scene....

Sir, that's "Large, Italian-American, educationally challenged, early grammer deprived, non conformist gentleman", NOT "goomba". :mad:

• Members

Ramsay may think little, but he's a fairly hefty guy. Over six feet.

But yeah, this show wasn't nearly as good as the BBC show.

That Italian guy was {censored}in' crazy. What a goof.

i think he's an ex footballer, or rugby player or something.

still a total a-hole.

it annoys me how he's always saying 'yeah'.

he tries too hard to intimidate people. but i guess a lot of it probably is played up to the camera.

he has a show in the UK called the F word. the F word is a restaurant in London, thats always full of celebrities and the like, with the kitched staffed by amateur cooks of different professions (firemen, school teahers etc...).

if the customers think the food was good, they pay, and the guest cooks gets points based on that. if the customers thought the food was not good, they dont pay, and the guest cooks dont get points.

basically, the guest cooks mess up, ramsay goes nuts and swears a lot then (usually) gets beaten by a guest celebrity chef who cooks a dish that goes up against something ramsay has cooked

so yeah..

little dog.

• Members

Yep, a good looking girl. Takes after her dad....

_109261_nigel_lawson_150_17-03-89_e.jpg

As for Gordon, he used to play for Glasgow Rangers I think, but got injured when he was young. He does pretty much the same thing every week (says "simple, honest food" and "{censored}" a lot). It gets a bit tiresome after a while.

• Members

As for Gordon, he used to play for Glasgow Rangers I think, but got injured when he was young. He does pretty much the same thing every week (says "simple, honest food" and "{censored}" a lot). It gets a bit tiresome after a while.

The {censored} it does! He keeps it simple and honest! :mad:

• Members

I like him and both the BBC and american versions. Sure he's a dick, but he knows what he's talking about and doesn't BS you. I respect someone who doesn't give a {censored} about your feelings and tells you the truth.

Dan

Without a blind taste test, he's just selling snake oil! :mad:

Archived