I Played Bass Tonight

DevilRaysFan

• Moderators

All other amps are false sexy.

I am a little freaked out by my high C string. I didn't realize how tuned in I was to the actual pitch of the instrument. Even when perfectly in tune, my ear freaks out when I get up on that string. "Why am I a fourth sharp?" :freak:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

All I have to say is that the worst part about being a keyboard player lately is not getting to use my Genz Benz GBE-750......That amp is absolutely the
sex
!
:thu:

I gotta thank T-Broom, bassgeek, and everyone else who recommended that amp........

I have to agree about the GB heads. My GBE750 is the second I've picked up. Last year I got a GBE600, then a Neox 212t, then a Neox 112t, then the GBE750. I traded in the highly-regarded Traynor YBA200 for the 750. I'm running all Genz Benz now. For now anyway, my amp-GAS has been satisfied.

• Members

Reject. :poke:

I can't play cuz I cut my fretting finger....bad...

ok...not really...I've just been lazy.

I hurt my fingers often, and it's a massive struggle to stop playing.

I realize that I'm bleeding or getting skin everywhere, and then I play for five more minutes. THEN I think about really stopping.

• Members

I hear that, I was trying to play with my middle finger as my first finger. I didnt play so well like that but it was a good streching exercise.

I haven't really had to do that, though I may start running scales like that just for exercise. :)

Amazingly, I have not broken a digit since I started playing.

Before hand, I regularly sustained joint-related breaks in my fingers. As in, I've broken every finger on either hand at least twice.

Not so since I've played bass. :p

Also, DRF, bass will always be love. Not like love, but love.

Keyboards are just {censored} for piano.

Pssshhhhh.

Glad you enjoyed your gig, though. :)

• Members

I haven't really had to do that, though I may start running scales like that just for exercise.
:)

Amazingly, I have not broken a digit since I started playing.

Before hand, I regularly sustained joint-related breaks in my fingers. As in, I've broken every finger on either hand at least twice.

Not so since I've played bass.
:p

Also, DRF, bass will always be love. Not like love, but love.

Keyboards are just {censored} for piano.

Pssshhhhh.

Glad you enjoyed your gig, though.
:)

what do you do for a living that you are so hard on your hands?

I work with Metal and I am subject to nicks and cuts but I rarely sustain an injury like you describe

• Members

what do you do for a living that you are so hard on your hands?

I work with Metal and I am subject to nicks and cuts but I rarely sustain an injury like you describe

I'm unemployed/a student. :p

I've just got bad luck with things. I've been known to have my hand on a door sill for a second too long, and I've been known to forget a glove when using double-sided sandpaper.

If I've got a lab to do, I know I'll end up doing something terrible to at least one finger.

I also bite my fingernails, which neverever helps. Haha.

I'm just a heavy handed fella, I suppose.

• Members

I'm unemployed/a student.
:p

I've just got bad luck with things. I've been known to have my hand on a door sill for a second too long, and I've been known to forget a glove when using double-sided sandpaper.

If I've got a lab to do, I know I'll end up doing something terrible to at least one finger.

I also bite my fingernails, which neverever helps. Haha.

I'm just a heavy handed fella, I suppose.

I see.

do not go into the construction field when you get out of school....lol

unless of course you are a white shirt

Archived