What would you consider your #1 song for inspiration

jcjdoss

• Members

.In response to the original question, it really depends on what I am looking to be inspired for. It could be some Ray Brown to mellow out and get focused. I might put on a hot rendering of the Grateful Dead's "Eyes of the World" to get ready for jam session.

:thu:Ray Brown- so gifted- RIP:cry:

Grateful Dead's "Eyes..." The encore stand-alone version from Providence 1974. I had to poke and prod but the last band I was a member of in the Boston area did a note for note reading of it:love:. That was when I owned my Alembic Stanley Clarke Deluxe 32" scale. Sweet! For 12 minutes I was Phil Lesh!...uh, sorta;)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The very first song I took notice of the electric bass which inspired me to take up instrument was Phantom Of The Opera by Iron Maiden so in many ways that's the song for me , I break it out every few years too just to brush up and shake off the rusty chops :idea::cool: Still a serious 7 min. romp .

• Members

Tubular Bells (sides 1 and 2) - Mike Oldfield

I guess that's 2 songs. If you can't get past the Exorsist theme deal, start about 4 minutes into it. Or start with side 2.

Big inspiration for me years ago to get into synthesizers and such, even though it doesn't have any synths in it.

Now a big inspiration for me for the bass. Great tone and tasteful playing.

• Members
lug's bass playing is not unbad. - Funkee1 /You're the only bassist I know whose roadie has to manage a SaniCan as well as a bass rig. - The Lurker / Lug not only sucks, but he sucks with such total and utter power that even black holes can do little but stare in amazement. - Thrash Jazz / Everytime I click on lug's MP3s I wanna jam a turkey baster in my ear and suck out my brains - mikgag / dear god, the last 30 seconds of that... lets just say i thought mikgag was kidding about the turkey baster... oddity_UK / That's amazing. No matter how many times I hear Lug play, it still causes that little bit of vomit to work its way up my throat, and it won't go back down. I spit it out and half expect it to wiggle its way south towards Texas - Craigv / many were making fun of Lug....so I asked for a sample of his work, got an MP3 and played it..I am still trying to get rid of the locusts that suddenly appeared raining in my home, the boils on my skin and bleeding from my rectum has almost healed. Though my entire family is completely blind now, those that did not commit suicide are doing better...though the dreams never stop. William Hung??.........forget it. Lug has no equal. - kmrumedy / If you establish a new religion for the masses called Suckiness you will be their Messiah and that .MP3 shall be their bible. Your powerful Suck never was more justified - Tivorosky / There are no words in any language, living or dead, that can even begin to describe this. - Mudbass upon stumbling across my nastier MP3's / The King of Suck has

• Members

wide range...

I love Buck Owens (saw your avatar) and am inspired by his music and life story....

Latin Jazz - represents to me the pinnacle of bass playing

A beautiful cello solo = lust

heck, I can get musical inspiration from a bumble bee...seriously...

Who does this cello solo? I love cello music.

• Members
I've never heard Focus - Hamburger Concerto. If that's your 2nd pick after Thick As A Brick, then I need to hear it.

Oh yeah, man...excellent stuff...gives me goose bumps every time I listen to it. Great jazzy guitar soloing by Jan Akkerman; Bert Ruiter on bass; Colin Allen on drums...and that nasty, grinding Hammond courtesy of Thijs Van Leer, Just check out the album version (all of side 2)...if you like early Dutch Prog you will not be disappointed. Heaps of other instruments on the album too. Excuse me while I get a towel. :)

Archived