What would you consider your #1 song for inspiration

jcjdoss

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Why would you tell me not to listen to it? You know that all you are doing is saying PLEASE, PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS. But I have to admit, you have me thinking if I do listen to it, I may regret it.

You now feel the SUCK... :) (I am relatively new here , also, and have seen numerous jokes about the damage caused by lug's MP3's and so far I have avoided them.)

I guess there are some things you just can't un-hear! :poke: :D

• Members

Anything at any given time can make me write. If a song inspires me to write another song, its kinda all over the map

Songs in the past that have got me on the pen:

"Comfortably Numb" Pink Floyd

"Blackout In The`Red Room" Love/Hate

"Dr Feelgood" Motley Crue

"Stonejam" Slave

"Next Ex Wife" Little Charlie and The Nightcats

"Somebody" Depeche Mode

"Save The Best For Last" Vanessa Williams

"Red Skies" The Fixx

"Secret Journey" The Police...

See? All over the map........

• Members

Zappa's "Inca Roads" does it for me. It's just the perfect blend of melody, technicality, groove, and weirdness, and it always inspires some peculiar musical idea when I listen to it.

For groove, I'm consistently blown away by anything Chuck Rainey has played on.

• Members

Who is Lug? Where can I find his music?

Lug is the King of Suck. Wherever you find his music, turn and run away. I do not jest.

In response to the original question, it really depends on what I am looking to be inspired for. It could be some Ray Brown to mellow out and get focused. I might put on a hot rendering of the Grateful Dead's "Eyes of the World" to get ready for jam session. I could opt for Maceo Parker's "Shake Everything You've Got" to get pumped up for something. I might put on Joni Mitchell's "Shadows and Light" album while cooking a gourmet meal.

It's like asking what my favorite song is or my favorite album. The answer is in the moment, and ever changing.

• Members

Lug is the King of Suck. Wherever you find his music, turn and run away. I do not jest.

In response to the original question, it really depends on what I am looking to be inspired for. It could be some Ray Brown to mellow out and get focused. I might put on a hot rendering of the Grateful Dead's "Eyes of the World" to get ready for jam session. I could opt for Maceo Parker's "Shake Everything You've Got" to get pumped up for something. I might put on Joni Mitchell's "Shadows and Light" album while cooking a gourmet meal.

It's like asking what my favorite song is or my favorite album. The answer is in the moment, and ever changing.

If you believe- Kenny Loggins (seriously!!!)

Tutu- Miles Davis

Revelation- Yellowjackets

Wildlife- Yellowjackets

Get Here- Oleta Adams

Square Biz- Teena Marie

• Members

General bass playing?

I think... "I Want You(She's So Heavy)" by The Beatles does me in. If not that, then Lady Madonna or "One Headlight" by The Wallflowers. :)

The first song that I ever learned on bass was "NIB" by Black Sabbath, and I still forget some of it. :p My first real rockrhythm exercise was "Good" by Better Than Ezra, and the first time my teacher tried to teach me to pick, it was Green Day's "Longview". All of those things are monumental to me. :p

• Members

Why would you tell me not to listen to it? You know that all you are doing is saying PLEASE, PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS. But I have to admit, you have me thinking if I do listen to it, I may regret it.

If Lug lived in Biblical times he would be the 11th plague of Egypt. There are people on this forum who can no longer have children because of his MP3's. Remember, you were warned.

• Members

On Topic:

"Eye of the Tiger"

*sprints away in slow motion down a beach with Apollo Creed*

I am with you and Davis 1

Gonna Fly Now and Eye of the Tiger are very inspirational.

listen to the bass line for Take you Back....Frank Stallone sings it, even so I like that one

I have a casset tape with cuts from the original Record Album from the movie for when I used to workout...lame as it may be , it put me in the mind set

• Members

^ that being said I could not pick any one song.

there are to many factors involved.

some days really hard rock with blistering guitar riffs does it for me , some days its James Taylor.

some days I like classical, some days its metal

some days Linda Rondstat songs and Bad Bad Leroy Brown take to to a good place..some days Megadeth & G&R does it.......

warning...dont {censored} wioth me on the megadeth days.....lol

Archived