Endorsement deal with Basson?

slapthefunkyfour

• Members

well,first off i will tell ya i heard a few good things about theyre 8x10 cabs,sound really fuggin good,BUT they weigh a ton,also check out NIKKI SIXX,as he is endorsed by them as well. i evan thought about pickin up a used basson cab myself!!! piece!! lumpy!!!

• Members

Hm. I've heard good things about them. See if you can try one out.

At the very least, it means free cabs. Which is always a good thing.

+1. :thu:

I mean, are you guys so hot right now that you're waiting for Ampeg to come knocking? I'm not being flippant here, btw.:)

• Members

My goth band was offered an endorsement deal with Basson. We are not sure what this entails yet, but I've never seen one, or even heard of them. I searched a little through the forum, and found a little info, but I'd like more input from ya'll.

That is it.

I'm not trying to stir the pot here, but isn't there an integrity problem when a company is offering an endorsement deal to someone who doesn't use, or hasn't even played their product.

Brian

• Members

I'm not trying to stir the pot here, but isn't there an integrity problem when a company is offering an endorsement deal to someone who doesn't use, or hasn't even played their product.

Brian

Not at all. What would the point be of offering something to someone that's already doing what you want them to do? If they had a full backline of Basson gear already, there would be no motivation to offer them anything.:D

I'd go as far as switching my entire rig to Ampeg if they gave me the gear for free then paid me to use it.:D

C7

• Members

last winter i talked to i think his name was jon,i really dont remember from basson, i left them a message about their cabs, and he is really good friends with victor basson the dude who invented the basson cabs,long story short he really wanted a guy in ohio to use,promote their cabs,evan talked me almost in being like a rep,but i kinda backed off, also he was gonna give me the cabs at a TRMENDOUS DISCOUNT! i told him of the local music scene in and around TOLEDO,OHIO, i think that kinda sparked his interest as he wanted to get the cabs exposure ? anyways the cabs sure look beefy... piece! lumpy!!!

Archived