Happy (early) Birthday to me...

Death Hands

• Members

I got a new bass.

I'll have pics when I am able to keep it out of my hands for a few minutes.

It's a Samick, but it's the {censored}, if I do say so myself.

The guy at the shop said that he'd slap the strings on there(which were free, and will also be photographed later) and do setups and work, for as long as I have the bass and he's working there, at no cost. Bro here also does a more in-depth job than the guys at the other place I usually go to, for, it seems, less money.

In short, I didn't buy a Dean ABG, but I will(or maybe that badass Takamine... :o). I need one for next semester, but hey. This bass is the awesome, so it was worth the death of my old plan. :)

Mmmm... semihollowbody.

*write a sentence* *play* *write a sentence* *play* etcetera

• Members

here is where you put a plug in for the guy you bought your new bass from:thu:

I think his name was Butch. He didn't like it when I knew as much or more about stuff than he did. I could tell that he was used to people buying off of brand and his suggestion. He was like "I'm looking for teachers." and I told him that I'd gladly take the bass spot, but he bombarded me with bull{censored} about theory. I could easily teach intermediate level students, but he went off on a tangent about his son playing Blackbird? :confused::confused:

I also accidentally blocked a little kid from trying basses. I didn't mean to, but noone said anything, so I played everything on the wall, besides the G&L(couldn't've cashed that check, because my tush couldn't bounce it). I feel terrible, now... :(

• Members

Pretty much. They're coming, but man... this brother is funky....

It is.

I think his name was Butch. He didn't like it when I knew as much or more about stuff than he did. I could tell that he was used to people buying off of brand and his suggestion. He was like "I'm looking for teachers." and I told him that I'd gladly take the bass spot, but he bombarded me with bull{censored} about theory. I could easily teach intermediate level students, but he went off on a tangent about his son playing Blackbird?
:confused:
:confused:

I also accidentally blocked a little kid from trying basses. I didn't mean to, but noone said anything, so I played everything on the wall, besides the G&L(couldn't've cashed that check, because my tush couldn't bounce it). I feel terrible, now...
:(

whats the name of the shop I may know where you are talking about

• Members

Damn thats nice!! Congrats!!
:thu:

65-115 strings??
:eek:
Thats pretty thick for a 4 string set!

I think it's fairly lovely. :)

Paul McCartney out the ASS.

I told him that I wanted some Chromes, but... he handed me those. :p I'm down with it. A free set is a free set. Hahaha, and I've always wanted to try tapewounds, plus, he'll be modifying my nut for free. :p

It's got a bass and treble cut/boost(back two) and a balance(lower front) and a volume control(upper front) active setup. It's REALLY diverse. I think that it may be my new main'er. I love it, but the rounds are terribly clacky on it, because I'm sloppeh.

• Members

OOoh I didnt notice they were tapewounds. Nice!

I bet this will sound hot when its setup with the new strings! you gotta post clips.

I was about to record, but I realized that I suck at using this bad boy. :p The body is muchmuch larger than my others. Once I get it down, I'll record something. Especially with the tapewounds. :p

• Members

Ya I know where that is

ME LIKES:love:

I have been looking for a nice hollow body .

I actually think I like it more than Mason's Music, even with all of the freebies I had earned by being a fair and constant customer, if you know of that place. :p

This thing is awesome, for sure. Paid like 319 for it. Worth all of that, in my eyes. :)

• Members

I actually think I like it more than Mason's Music, even with all of the freebies I had earned by being a fair and constant customer, if you know of that place.
:p

This thing is awesome, for sure. Paid like 319 for it. Worth all of that, in my eyes.
:)

Masons Music Mart on Chattsworth Road in Dalton?

Ya I know where that place is too.

• Members

Righto...

Happy actual birthday to me.

Here is some bull. I make this bass sound horrid.

Flat EQ. Just the bass and my nasty. I tried to figure out my favourite settings and then play those with similar/same licks. I also found my favourite chordal sound towards the end. :p

Beware: six minutes of terrible coming your way.

http://hc.bloodyvelvet.com/files/173/whutnewbasssample.mp3

This bass has huge low end, a lot of the time. :p Sorry for the crappish(not catphish) quality.

Archived