Digipacks, do you like them better in gloss or matte finish?

catphish

• Members

It depends, I've seen a few cool Digipak's that are matt finish with a raised logo/name in gloss. that was cool.

If you're not doing that then it has to be Gloss.
:thu:

No embossing for us, that would probably entail special tooling to be made and we aren't doing that.

• Members

I don't care personally, but I'd say gloss looks more professional.

Surprisingly, matte gives off a more professional appearance. However, matte will also look like crap after the jacket gets handled a couple of times, and show fingerprints and other things much more easily.

Knowing what is going on your digipack, CP, I would definitely go gloss. I think it would jump better, color-wise.

• Members

Surprisingly, matte gives off a more professional appearance. However, matte will also look like crap after the jacket gets handled a couple of times, and show fingerprints and other things much more easily.

Knowing what is going on your digipack, CP, I would definitely go gloss. I think it would jump better, color-wise.

Done. I'm still waiting on the bandmates for any final edits to text. Diskmakers is awating the files, and the CD master is in the mail.

• Members

Remember when in 1986-89ish in order to compete with vinyl everyone was overpackaging CDs so that by the time you opened it up and pulled out your CD, you had destroyed about one tree?

A gang of folks led by Peter Gabriel take credit for telling the majors to re-think their CD packaging. Maybe truth with Gabriel tooting his own horn or urban myth...

Archived