Tascam bass trainer

johnny6644

• Members

Anybody used the new Tascam MP3 bass trainer? I have the old CD version and use it a lot, but the interface sucks bad. And it gets old having to cut a CD for every song on the "set list."

Is it easy to put songs into and is the interface any easier to use than the CD version?

• CMS Author

I've had the guitar and the bass versions for years, no problems with either, they eat batteries like a mofo, have held up to countless practices and rehearsals and use as a backup CD player, and I wish they'd allow you to adjust pitch up as well as down, to bring drop-tuned songs up to standard pitch.

Or maybe they can and I haven't figured out how????

• Members

Never had a problem with the jack. The CD door did break; now it's held on with gaffer's tape.

I had one of those stupid nub tabs break off the CD door so now I have to be careful when I open it up. Nowadays though I rarely use it with CDs, I use it as a portable headphone amp with tune & metronome functions.

If I could load it with mp3 files instead of having to burn CDs I could see myself using it much more though. If the guitar version got poor reviews though, that probably doesn't bode well for the bass version.

• Members
I've found myself using it more for pre 80s recordings where everyone was in tune with each other, but the tuning was a half-pitch off from standard tuning or something.

Ha ha, funny you mention that, back when the "next new thing" was the Stroboscopic Tuning, of vinyl recorders and players. Man those early variations were a bitch to keep controlled, so i guess the record companies did some experimenting with Industrial Professional sized recorders. I know what you mean just a fricken' hair off...the next note is dead-on then the next note is just a fricken' hair off again. More times than not, i just gave up on trying to play along with records that were prone to doing that {censored}. :mad:

Archived