Modulus Flea bass vs Stingray

REMUS

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've not spent a lot of time with either, but I have played a few versions of each. Both are definitely killer basses and in the same vein. For me, the 3-band Stingray was the defining tone of a "big humbucker" bass, with the Flea second and the 2-band Ray third. The Flea has the Modulus graphite neck, which can be made to play exceptionally nicely. If they were the same price I'd probably take the Flea, but if the Flea cost more than $300 more than the Ray I'd get the Ray.

• Members

What I would like to end up with is:

Mod

Ray

Jazz

Rebop 5 string

Thats a whole lotta money, but i've got all the time in the world to get em ;)

Thanks very much for your input peeps, it's not a case of which now but when I get them both :thu: it's going to have to be the Ray first though!

• Members

Because i'm a fucking rock-n-roll-funk-a-potimus, that's why, you jack ass!

:D

"rock-n-roll-funk-a-potimus"? It's sad that I'm going to take that as an acceptable answer. From now on, if anyone ever asks me about the Flea bass I'm just going to look at them dead serious and say "you are now a rock-n-roll-funk-a-potimus". And they're just going to say "lay off the acid bro". But name calling? That's mean. I have feelings too.

• Members

"rock-n-roll-funk-a-potimus"? It's sad that I'm going to take that as an acceptable answer. From now on, if anyone ever asks me about the Flea bass I'm just going to look at them dead serious and say "you are now a rock-n-roll-funk-a-potimus". And they're just going to say "lay off the acid bro". But name calling? That's mean. I have feelings too.

Whenever I think about my feelings, I listen to lug. Numbs me up good.

Archived